I caved to this forum's overwhelming bias. I sold my Night Train and bought myself a Tweaker!!!

I've only had it for a day, but I'm blown away by its versatility. This thing can get Fender cleans, Marshall grit, some nice Vox tones, and even more.

Here's a pic of it. Nothing too exciting, most of you already know what a Tweaker looks like. I can't post any sound clips because I don't have a mic ATM, so my quick review is below the pic.

Tone: Which one?! This amp does it all. And unlike a lot of modeling amps out there, it does it all while sounding good. It doesn't have as nice of a Vox tone as my Night Train did, but the Fender cleans really make up for that. And the Brit voicing on the Hot setting is incredible 8/10

Versatility When 311 suggested this amp to me a few weeks ago, I didn't believe that an amp could give me the Fender cleans and the Marshall distortion I wanted. It seriously does though. And when you mess around with all the knobs and toggle switches, you can find even more tones. This thing really lets you dial in pretty much any sound you can imagine. Shimmering US cleans, Brit grit, Voxy-ish chime, classic rock distortion, bluesy overdrive, everything. Except for insanely hi-gain metal. But you can just add a pedal. This thing takes my Blue Paisley really well. 9/10

Features 3 band EQ, volume and gain controls, 5 toggle switches (Modern/Vintage, US/AC/Brit, Hot/Clean, Bright/Normal, Tight/Deep), FX loop, adjustable Voltage, adjustable impedance, etc. They really thought of everything when they designed this amp. My one beef is that it doesn't have a pedal. It would be insane to be able to footswitch all of the toggle switches, but then this amp wouldn't be as cheap. Still, they could have easily thrown in a footswitch for the Hot/Clean 8/10

Overall Impression This is the second tube amp I've ever owned. Like I said when I bought my NT, I'm never going back to S.S. This thing really does blow my NT out of the water, though. It sounds just as good, but allows me to dial in so many more tones. As much as I loved my NT, I think I made the right choice. And for $400, you can't beat it! 8.5/10
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Jul 17, 2010,
yay egnater!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Yay another Tweaker. Can't wait till I get mine.
HNAD!

I'm already planning on swapping the stock 6v6's with JJ E34L's
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 17, 2010,
Quote by kacper_j
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Another Tweaker?

Exactly what I thought.

HNAD!
Quote by kacper_j
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Another Tweaker?

HNAD anyway!

They're that good!!! Everyone is backordered on them. I think I got one of the last ones in Ontario...
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
you are going to love those el34s.

the stock 6v6s aren't bad, but 34s pwn for gain and midrange growl.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
gah everyones got a tweaker now! i feel out of the loop!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
gah everyones got a tweaker now! i feel out of the loop!

you have it's mac daddy, you're okay.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I got mine and it makes me smile every time I flip the power on. Amazing, amazing amp for the value. HNAD!!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
I got mine and it makes me smile every time I flip the power on.

Me too

Was just playing around on it for a couple hours. It's amazing...I jammed along with songs from about 10 different bands who all use different gear, and I was able to nail or come really close to every single tone. I've got a pretty solid Frusciante tone out of it. If anyone fellow Tweakers out there want it, let me know!

I put my Danelectro Blue Paisley Pure Drive in front of it, and that combination is pure GOLD. I run my amp on Clean with the Gain and Volume up around 1:00, roll my guitar's volume down for cleans, wide open for grit, and stomp on the boost for solos. Sounds awesome on US and Brit. I've never had tone like this . I gotta get an SM57 for clips.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
What is the praise with these things? I've never tried one myself and there's realistically a 0% chance of ever getting to in NH before buying, but are these really THAT good?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
What is the praise with these things? I've never tried one myself and there's realistically a 0% chance of ever getting to in NH before buying, but are these really THAT good?

I love mine. Check it out for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdaXJ85Am9w&feature=channel

If you ever see one, try it out. It's a great little amp for only $400.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by forsaknazrael
Can someone tell me how well this amp cleans up at gigging volumes, while using EL34s, from a nice dirty GnR type tone?

Not sure about the EL34s, I don't have any tubes to swap out ATM. But I was playing around with this thing volume cranked and gain fairly high on the clean Brit mode. Not quite the gain of GnR, more like a Zeppelin or AC/DC type tone. Still, it cleaned up beautifully when I rolled my Les Paul's volume down to about 3. I know this doesn't answer your question exactly, but hopefully someone else can add to it. I know there are a couple people here who have swapped out for EL34s.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
I love mine. Check it out for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdaXJ85Am9w&feature=channel

If you ever see one, try it out. It's a great little amp for only $400.

It's not an MG, Spider, or Vyper, so it won't be at Daddy's or GC.

And it's not a Fender, so the Music Mill is out of the question.

God, f**k NH's Music stores.

So I also see there's a combo version of this thing?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
It's not an MG, Spider, or Vyper, so it won't be at Daddy's or GC.

And it's not a Fender, so the Music Mill is out of the question.

God, f**k NH's Music stores.

So I also see there's a combo version of this thing?

they have a tourmaster, renegade, rebel 20 and 30 and combo, and tweaker combo at my GC right now. the heads have for the most part been backordered.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
Not sure about the EL34s, I don't have any tubes to swap out ATM. But I was playing around with this thing volume cranked and gain fairly high on the clean Brit mode. Not quite the gain of GnR, more like a Zeppelin or AC/DC type tone. Still, it cleaned up beautifully when I rolled my Les Paul's volume down to about 3. I know this doesn't answer your question exactly, but hopefully someone else can add to it. I know there are a couple people here who have swapped out for EL34s.

That's around where I play.
I use a JCM800 type amp, use maybe about half the gain.

How much does the volume drop, when you roll down the guitar volume?
Quote by forsaknazrael

How much does the volume drop, when you roll down the guitar volume?

It does drop a bit, but not too much. I can't really explain it. I'll upload a quick clip in a few minutes for you.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
OK the clip's up. I recorded it on my MacBook's built in mic, so it sounds pretty shitty, but hopefully you can hear it cleaning up.

The first thing (Knockin On Heaven's Door) is with the Gain rolled all the way down and the volume up about 3/4, to give you a feel of what "clean" sounds like through this mic. Then I went into some GnR and AC/DC with the Gain up all the way, volume around 2/3, my Les Paul's volume up to 10. Then the last bit, Bold as Love, is with the volume knobs rolled down to about 2 or 3. Hope that helps!

EDIT: This is all on the Brit clean mode. If you want some higher gain clips, I can kick in the Hot mode, although it won't clean up as nicely. The clean mode with the gain way up is pretty good for Zep, GnR, AC/DC tones though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
sonds good!

Thanks, but my computer's mic really doesn't do this amp any justice
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
The more I hear about this amp the more I wish I didn’t live in an apartment.
I live in an apartment. It's only 15-W. You can keep it quiet if you need to, but it's all-tube so you can crank it if you need to.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58