and they seem cool. i was at a mustang car show (the place i get my car parts from does a show for customers every year) and one of there neighbors sells instruments, so i struck up a conversation with them.

they told me they sell banjos, violins, guitars, cellos, and various other instruments at reasonable prices.

but they also told me they mostly have "austin" guitars. ive never heard of them.

there a mom and pop style business, ran out of a barn like the mustang place. which makes me interested in buying (providing they have decent stuff) because i like helping the little man business wise.

has anyone ever seen or heard of a austin guitar? im curious because i never heard of them.

and more on topic has anyone ever found other "mom and pop" music places they like? where there smaller and not as well known as guitar center, sam ash, and the like?
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Quote by Assid Rane

lrn2read

i asked if anyone knew any mom and pop music sellers. and i asked if anyone heard of those guitars, as a indirect thread question.

and i did google it i didnt know if its a well known brand or not
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
lrn2read

i asked if anyone knew any mom and pop music sellers. and i asked if anyone heard of those guitars, as a indirect thread question.

and i did google it i didnt know if its a well known brand or not

I've actually heard of Austin Guitars, yes. And I answered the question that I could, because living in small towns all my life, I've never been to a mom and pop music store.
Never.
Really.
No lie.
At all.
i have an austin guitar, their decent guitars, but nothing really amazing
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Quote by dylan08
i have an austin guitar, their decent guitars, but nothing really amazing

well the reason i asked was because my friend is learning how to play guitar, and right now hes learning off a old and busted brownsville electric guitar i restrung since hes a lefty.

so im helping him look for a guitar thats not the greatest, but not the best either. just something to learn on.

ill have to try one out when i go back up there. ive never heard a austin guitar before.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican