I've been looking at my tele and it's not my favorite color anymore. It's red with a white pickguard. I'm thinking of buying a black pickguard. That's easy enough. What I realy want to know if I can can take the neck out and tint it or paint it without doing anytype of damage to the neck, frets, etc. I don't want the style of playing change. Just the look. Please help me out. If I can tint it. What can I do it with? Special type of paint? Thank you guys.
I assume it's a rosewood fretboard? I'm afraid, to the best of my knowledge, you're stuck with the colour. Unless you paint it, but then the paint is likely to come off due to the wear on the wood the strings produce.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
yeah that's pretty much impossible.

Paint will look bad
and a dye just wouldn't go into the rosewood.

Either way the neck must be taken off and the frets removed.
If you want it done well.
Quote by lil PopTart kid

Paint will look bad

I've seen a rosewood board stained darker before, and frets don't have to be removed, neither does the neck. You just have to mask the body off around the higher frets and the frets wipe clean as do the inlays
Quote by lil PopTart kid

Paint will look bad

false. They make a ebony dye to stain rosewood boards black. It wipes right off the frets, and you can simply mask off the body.

Ts, since it's a maple board, you can sand off the clear and dye it, but you will have to refinish it after dying the board.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.