to cut to he chase my local(national) storage of amps/effects/ are very limited and pricy(50%-100% increased price).
should i buy an amp\effec without trying it if many people praise it?
one of the good sides is tha i can try it and if i will go terrebly wrong in the tone i can still sell if as mind condition for about that listed price tha i bought it.
btw, the imporation is from germany to israel via my reletives.
is usually a very bad idea.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
To cut to the chase, amps and effects pedals in my country are very limited in range and very pricey (they cost 50%-100% more than in other countries).

Should I buy an amp or effects pedal over the Internet without trying it beforehand if it has good reviews?

One of the good sides of the situation is that i can try it and if it actually sounds terrible, I can still sell it - if it's in mint condition - for about the price that i bought it for.

Btw, the process of importing it to my country is from Germany to Israel via my relatives (I live in Israel).

For those of us who speak English.
Last edited by blue_strat at Jul 17, 2010,
No, bad, bad idea.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by blue_strat
For those of us who speak English.

Criticizing someone fot their English is NOT cool bro.
Dont buy it just deal with what we have here or next time you fly to some country buy something there and test it there then bring it back here.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by dany_100
to cut to he chase my local(national) storage of amps/effects/ are very limited and pricy(50%-100% increased price).
should i buy an amp\effec without trying it if many people praise it?
one of the good sides is tha i can try it and if i will go terrebly wrong in the tone i can still sell if as mind condition for about that listed price tha i bought it.
btw, the imporation is from germany to israel via my reletives.

That English tuition book you bought without trying first proved to be bad. So shall this.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Not criticising. Facilitating.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Didn't you get banned for that?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
its just some fast spelling mistakes...
although english is not my native language.
Quote by damian_91
Didn't you get banned for that?

Yes. Yes she did....
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
I've preordered a guitar without it even being designed yet.

Winner.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by dany_100
its just some fast spelling mistakes...
although english is not my native language.

It isn't mine either.

And to answer the OP, generally buying something without trying it is a bad idea.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

You did it before too, and got banned for it if I remember, so shut your face you ****ing hypocrite.
Quote by creelers
You did it before too, and got banned for it if I remember, so shut your face you ****ing hypocrite.

Obviously I learnt my lesson. So STFU.
i remember buying my first amp without even turning it on in the store or anything

it was the cheapest piece of trash in the store (40-50 bucks I think) actually
Quote by piratemetalhead
i remember buying my first amp without even turning it on in the store or anything

it was the cheapest piece of trash in the store (40-50 bucks I think) actually

I did this with my first bass....

BAD idea. It was the worst bass I've played. EVER.
Quote by creelers

Thats completely uncalled for.

I have bought alot of gear without trying it, though that was high end stuff and with a decent return policy...

if it is a high quality guitar with know consistantly high quality playability and stuff etc then yes go for it, so get something like a presitge ibby or top end ESP or LTD.

if its something like an epi or vintage or harley benton, then i would say it isnt worth the risk.

so yeah, if its high end then yeah
Low end = big no no

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
in a more detailed version:
i want to buy an tube amp in the range of 300-500$ and in israel tubes start at 650-700$ and about 550+ for second hand tubes(fender blues jr for expample).
i thought about the jetcity but its a very new company so hard to trust, will do research.
could go for an blackstar 5W or 20W studio(in germany amp are redicously cheap 400€ and 550&euro.
third option is marshall class 5/hazes but in israel are only 20+- more expansive then normal so importing losses its potential.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

To answer the question we must first be able to understand it.

OP, generally buying without trying is considered bad.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Sure you can buy wthout trying. You can find demos of anything on Youtube and it sounds like you're in a great market for used gear if you really don't like the stuff.

Quote by Vampire 255
To answer the question we must first be able to understand it.

OP, generally buying without trying is considered bad.

My ass you don't understand it. The guy wants gear and has no way to try it out first. Give the dude a break.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jul 17, 2010,
Well I bought my Egnator without trying it and I absolutely love it. I watched a ton of videos on youtube showcasing it and read up on it and such. I think it was a pretty clear cut thing, though. I DEFINITELY wouldn't buy a guitar without trying it.
We're only strays.
Quote by BobDetroit
Sure you can buy wthout trying. You can find demos of anything on Youtube and it sounds like you're in a great marker for used gear if you really don't like the stuff.

Yeah but the problem with Youtube reviews is:
A) they sometimes make it sound better than it is
B) sometimes only show you 1 or 2 different sounds you can get from a pedal (which I find really stupid)
C) if you have crappy speakers you won't get the proper sound of the pedal
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Vampire 255
Yeah but the problem with Youtube reviews is:
A) they sometimes make it sound better than it is
B) sometimes only show you 1 or 2 different sounds you can get from a pedal (which I find really stupid)
C) if you have crappy speakers you won't get the proper sound of the pedal

This. Plus:

- Video and audio quality of the recorded video can be poor especially with webcams.
- Videos on YT are cut to 10min max, so with YT reviews, the reviewer often can't show everything that an amp or pedal or instrument can do.
- What is right for one person might not suit someone else.
If you just watch some youtube vids/ask around here for a review, I don't see why not. Only thing I'd avoid buying without trying is a gutiar, since you can't feel it in a review.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
found out that importing tax is randomly applyed and its 16% added value tax and 16% customs...
not sure anymore if worth it...
I bought an MG30 without hearing it if I'd've heard it I wouldn't've bought it. I didn't even read any reviews...
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?