Page 1 of 2
ok i have an ibanez 6 string s-series and it was origionally a great buy for only about 300$ but then i invested in 2 single coil active emgs and 1 humbucker emg and a floyd rose floating trem and i have yet to find a guitar that is better in my opinion
For a heart of ice,
a winters night is a breathless kiss,

For a heart of fire,
a summers day is a lovers embrace.

-Me-
"ohh a piece of candy!!!"
Cool, pups can be a good investment, not sure if they are for an S though. I put the same pups in my $700 Jackson, I really like the singles.
So the pups cost almost as much as the guitar, add the FR and that's a pretty expensive S. Probably more than what I paid for my slightly used Prestige.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 17, 2010,
you cant fit a floyd on an ibanez S.

I smell troll.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
lol for 1 i hate trolls myself 2 it simply required a bit of routing (at a local music store that i trust with my life) and some slight modifications to the body and viola i have my baby =p
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
truthfully it looks more like an rg now that it is on there lol
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Quote by Clockwork_Knite
truthfully it looks more like an rg now that it is on there lol

oh really? O.o RG's usually have edge tremolos.
Last edited by guitaristren at Jul 17, 2010,
i ment the sharp body shape not the way the system itself looks
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Your guitar's not that great. The end.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Quote by Clockwork_Knite
lol for 1 i hate trolls myself 2 it simply required a bit of routing (at a local music store that i trust with my life) and some slight modifications to the body and viola i have my baby =p

pics?
nice nothing better than a guitar you customised yourself
then yes you can say its perfect for you
Quote by Clockwork_Knite

Has a situation ever occured were you had to trust a music store with you life? j.w.
SMILE!
Quote by Tom 1.0

I smell troll.

Troll right here guise.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
your guitar has a lot of bells and whistles and features but it is not the best
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Last edited by spootz at Jul 17, 2010,

dont feed the troll

/thread.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
ok i was simply saying my ibanez is the perfect guitar for me and that i would reccomend it, and the trust the store with my life quote, i trust the store with my guitar, music is my life, so i can honestly say i do have to trust them with my life. =D
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Quote by Delboyuk_01
I don't think you can go wrong with a Black guitar, white ones are almost as good but black ones are better, white ones just don't sound quite as good.

lolwut
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
I still want pics..
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Delboyuk_01
I don't think you can go wrong with a Black guitar, white ones are almost as good but black ones are better, white ones just don't sound quite as good.

You sir, just got sigged
Steam ID
XFire profile

Quote by Delboyuk_01
MY perfect guitar?

'59 LP with some original pickups or some alnico wound ones.

That's it.

I don't know how long you've been playing but you'll soon come to the realization that your gear should be taken to the next level. Eventually you'll also realize you can never stop taking gear to the next level. Check out the Gear Overhaul thread haha and you'll see!
Quote by blue_strat

Your quest is over.

QFT.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Clockwork_Knite
ok i have an ibanez 6 string s-series and it was origionally a great buy for only about 300$ but then i invested in 2 single coil active emgs and 1 humbucker emg and a floyd rose floating trem and i have yet to find a guitar that is better in my opinion

good for you.

I don't know why some of you are having a hard time accepting that someone's found a cheap guitar that they like better than any other guitars they've tried.

Nothing wrong with that. It's just like how i find my les paul studio faded better than any of the higher end gibson LPs (except for the R8/R9 etc). I know it's not the best guitar in the world, far from it, but i haven't found another one that i've liked as much under the £4500 price margin.

Quote by Tom 1.0

I smell troll.

Hmm? I think i've seen a "team J-craft" custom ibanez S series with a floyd. Perhaps they made the inner part of the body thicker than usual for that particular model though? Unless i'm thinking of another model? The S series is the one where the body is fully contoured to the point where it gets very slim around the edges isn't it?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by Blompcube
good for you.

I don't know why some of you are having a hard time accepting that someone's found a cheap guitar that they like better than any other guitars they've tried.

Nothing wrong with that. It's just like how i find my les paul studio faded better than any of the higher end gibson LPs (except for the R8/R9 etc). I know it's not the best guitar in the world, far from it, but i haven't found another one that i've liked as much under the £4500 price margin.

Well it's just that typically when a 16 year old says that he has yet to find a guitar that is better than something that has been modified in that price range it's just because he hasn't been able to really play something extraordinary. Not to mention at any age guitarist are constantly redefining what they once thought was the best.

I felt the same way about my Epiphone ; it's a Les Paul Std. Desert Burst. I threw some SD Distortion in them and it made that thing sound amazing. I thought I'd never find something that sounded like that. I've played countless Gibson Traditional Std and Std that completely kill it. Not to mention some vintage gear and the RI's. It's not that I don't think he doesn't love his guitar it's just a bit over-the-top...
On a serious note, perhaps you should've posted this thread in the Customizing section. To say you've yet to find a better guitar is a bit of a bold statement.
I'm glad you love your new improved guitar, but next time perhaps think before you post statements like that.

Regards
Delboy
Quote by Delboyuk_01
@ Blompcube, I see your getting a red guitar, NICE! LOL

yeah, red guitars have faster necks, but they don't sound quite like black ones
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
My simple opinion is that the ibanez I have customized is not only my favorite but in MY OPINION the best i have played SO FAR (i would agree to the fact that i have sampled my fair share of guitars) and not only is it MY favorite so far im also very proud of the fact that its a guitar by ME.
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
and by the way LMAO the color of the guitar has NOTHING to do with how it plays unless you are reffering to if the neck is painted or not.
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Quote by Clockwork_Knite
My simple opinion is that the ibanez I have customized is not only my favorite but in MY OPINION the best i have played SO FAR (i would agree to the fact that i have sampled my fair share of guitars) and not only is it MY favorite so far im also very proud of the fact that its a guitar by ME.

LMAO

what else have you played?first act guitars?

that ibanez is decent at its best..and I smell a troll cause cause the OFR and the ZR trem are not interchangeable
TS, please maintain your enthusiasm! The world is too dark and cynical.

(But a pic would be nice, 'cause I'm not familiar with Ibanez much.Would like to see what you have made.)
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
ok 1 i would be happy to upload a pic once i get home (on vacation atm)
2. arch i can give you a simple list of what i have compared my guitar to;
schecter damien
schecter helraiser
bc rich warlock
several gibsons
and a dean i cant remember the name to currently i will get back to youu once i remember it thou.
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
thats not the best guitar in the world....

this is the best guitar in the world.....

Yeah.....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Page 1 of 2