Well I'm having some trouble doing those funky blues rhythms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmWhvl9cub8

For example, the riff on this music starting on 0:57, where he strums all the strings but only some of them are pressed. It's very hard for me to play these kinds of rhythms, I simply cant handle this kind of technique (yet).

Can you give me some sugestions/advices and/or some easier musics with these kinds of rhythms?
Quote by Duarteman
Well I'm having some trouble doing those funky blues rhythms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmWhvl9cub8

For example, the riff on this music starting on 0:57, where he strums all the strings but only some of them are pressed. It's very hard for me to play these kinds of rhythms, I simply cant handle this kind of technique (yet).

Can you give me some sugestions/advices and/or some easier musics with these kinds of rhythms?

Ignore the actual rhythm, focus on being able to hold down the notes he's playing in that riff and only get those to sound, you'll need to work pretty hard on getting your fret hand muting up to scratch so look carefully at what you're doing and if you need to (you probably will) wrap your thumb around the top of the neck to keep at least the low E string muted.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Learn the Purple Haze chorus, it might be a little easier and get you a little better at these funky rhythms. But as far as getting better at this one riff goes, get it perfect slowly, and speed it up. and you'll eventually be able to do it.
Quote by BgOslicK
Learn the Purple Haze chorus, it might be a little easier and get you a little better at these funky rhythms. But as far as getting better at this one riff goes, get it perfect slowly, and speed it up. and you'll eventually be able to do it.

I think I know how to play it. It's like using the 3rd and 5th string and muting the 4th, right?