Title says it all,

what's the differnece between the two?
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Last edited by kenvy at Jul 17, 2010,
overdrive is a slight gain addition, and distortion is an "actualy" tone change, usually with some fuzz if you dont have a sound gate
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
overdrive is a slight gain addition, and distortion is an "actualy" tone change, usually with some fuzz if you dont have a sound gate

You do know, that even the highest gain amps produce "overdrive".

both are just forms of clipping, in pedals overdrive is generally lower gain, and distortion is just squarwaving your sound
Quote by stykerwolf
You do know, that even the highest gain amps produce "overdrive".

both are just forms of clipping, in pedals overdrive is generally lower gain, and distortion is just squarwaving your sound

thats not what i meant though.
Overdrive is just a slight "bump" of gain, and distortion actually gives a new tone, and 9/10 distortion will give you amp 'fuzz'.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Usually, the terms are used interchangably, unless we're talking about the names of pedals. Then there is a distinction.

Overdrive gives a light boost, adds a bit of "grit" but mainly tries to maintain the natural sound of your guitar and amplifier. It works together with the amplifier to create the desired tone.

Distortion, on the other hand, adds a lot of its own flavour to the signal. It's more like "the whole sound in a box" rather than working in conjunction with something else. For this reason, they are usually a lot less subtle.
The way I see it is like this:

Overdrive is meant to work with an already overdriven amp (Usually a tube, but SS works fine as well, from personal experience with both), and it adds more oomph to your sound, gives you that boost you need..

Distortion is kind of your "Standalone" pedal if you get what I mean, you use like on it's own, a clean channel amp and you run this in front of it to get your distorted tone rather than using a pedal to boost your already distorted tone.

Kind of hard to understand how I worded that but I hope it helps..