Anyone ever used the Behringer Podcastudio? I was wondering because i was looking for a cheap way to record some licks. compared to similar things in it's price range its one of the only ones with a mic and stand and recording software (that i've seen)

If anyone knows about it or has one I would like to hear about it or other software.
Last edited by Thedamondude at Jul 17, 2010,
I've not used a Podcastudio before, but I would steer clear of most Behringer products. My Behringer amp is very mediocre, at best.

I'm sure there's something else made by a more reliable brand.
musiciansfriend.com has a recording package from M-audio which gives ya the Fast Track MKII, an MXL condenser mic, and a stand/cable set...I think monitors too.
The pack round around $200 which seems expensive to some but welcome to the world of recording, where quality comes with price.

Don't cheap out, you'll be ripping hairs out of your head trying to get drivers and such working.
Quote by ScorianVaseras
I've not used a Podcastudio before, but I would steer clear of most Behringer products. My Behringer amp is very mediocre, at best.

I'm sure there's something else made by a more reliable brand.

This is bad advice, beringher makes a lot of shit, but some of it's stuff is decent, like it's ADA8000, Don't just generalise a whole brand because you didn't like they're amp. You just need to research what you buy first and if you can, try it out. Even with a brilliant brand I still do this, it's just plain sense, and I never discount a brand entirely because usually they may have a few decent products cheap.

Edit: And I know the word most was used, but I still object to such blatant generalisations
Last edited by theepiczebra at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by theepiczebra
This is bad advice, beringher makes a lot of shit, but some of it's stuff is decent

Its not exactly bad advice. Though I'd probably say "Hey, do some research before you dive into Behringer (or anything else) because there are some crappy products out on the market". Most of Behringers stuff is shit but there are a few hidden gems.

So, do your research before you decide "Hey, lets buy this $40 guitar link USB cable" then get it in the mail and become all pissed because it sounds like shit and you cant return it cuz you opened it.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I bought it. I'm pretty good with software and hardware though, as I can get a walmart mic to sound good. All the recordings on my profile so far were a 10 dollar walmart mic.

I guess it depends on how willing you are to work with it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by lockwolf
Its not exactly bad advice. Though I'd probably say "Hey, do some research before you dive into Behringer (or anything else) because there are some crappy products out on the market". Most of Behringers stuff is shit but there are a few hidden gems.

So, do your research before you decide "Hey, lets buy this $40 guitar link USB cable" then get it in the mail and become all pissed because it sounds like shit and you cant return it cuz you opened it.

Which is more or less what I said, do research