So here's the deal. I'm for sure going to buy the Blackstar HT-5 combo.

It's $399 brand new, right from MusiciansFriend. But they recently got a condition 2 used one for sale for $319.. Here's the link for it. Go under the used tab and it's there..

I'm just wondering should I trust this? If I buy it used does it still come with the footswitch? It just looks like it has a minor tear in the tolex (Click on the picture under the used tab.. Second pic has the tear). Should I be weary of the tubes as well, seeing as it's used??

I'm just unsure of buying used from Musicians Friend. Is it safe? Obviously they have a decent return policy, I've been looking at it, but I'm just a skeptic I guess.

Should I shell out $400 for a brand new one, or $319 for a used one, it's in condition 2 according to them..

I'm also going to buy an OD pedal to boost it, since most say I'll need an OD pedal to tighten up the amp's overdrive for a good metal tone.

NOTE: Not looking for advice on amps, just want advice on new vs used.
Thanks in advance
it probably should come with the footswitch
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
They have pretty good return policies I think, regarding the used stuff, but I personally would just spend the $80 for the new one. There are much better deals than that price, especially because MF probably only gave the previous owner $200 worth in a trade, if that. So theoretically you should be able to find one for $250-$300 pretty easy.
the footswitch should come with it, used or not. if they don't have it with it, make them throw in a new one.

a two channel amp without a footswitch is...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
the footswitch should come with it, used or not. if they don't have it with it, make them throw in a new one.

a two channel amp without a footswitch is...

Exactly, that's pretty much the bulk of me asking you guys.. It doesn't specify so I'm like

I'm still almost siding with buying new..

And yeah I do CraigsList every day, I never see anything good on there I've put up wanted ads for the HT-5 and everything, nothing.. Oh well.

Guess I'll just shell the extra cash out. Sounds very worth.

BTW, thanks for not being like "What the hell, what's your budget, get this (Insert amp here), or this (insert other amp) blah blah blah"
sure.

*bites tongue*

try a tweaker? j/k
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
hey man.

this is america where you are free to make decisions you will quickly regret!

AMERICA! **** YA! MONTAGE!
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by TheAbsentOne
BTW, thanks for not being like "What the hell, what's your budget, get this (Insert amp here), or this (insert other amp) blah blah blah"

thats because you picked an amp the people at ug like, unlike the mgs haha

ya so you should probably just buy it new, $80 isnt much to save when it's a big tear.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by AcousticMirror
hey man.

this is america where you are free to make decisions you will quickly regret!

AMERICA! **** YA! MONTAGE!

AMERICA! F**K YEAH!

Also, yeah I've had my fair share of experience with amps, and I'm never going back to solid state after owning my Crate V50.. Plus I hear nothing but praise for these HT-5 amps and I have to check it out myself.
The HT-5 probably isn’t a good amp to buy used. It’s got an outrageously complex PCB inside–it’s like looking at the guts of a modeling amp. So its not something you want to pay for repairs on when you can just buy new and get a warranty.