EDIT:

Nevermind, I have made my choice. The tuning remains Drop A and I will use the other part in another song...

Here's the complete, new song. It's called the Black Martyr, and it's meant to be short and two the point.
Attachments:
The Black Martyr.gp5
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at Jul 17, 2010,
why not just play the drop c version in drop a, or combine the two, play the intro in c and the rest in a
Quote by reversegenesis
why not just play the drop c version in drop a, or combine the two, play the intro in c and the rest in a

The Drop C version sounds absolutely atrocious in Drop A. The leads sound uninteresting and unmelodious throughout.

And combining the two is simply unrealistic to play live.
Quote by DragTheWaters11
And combining the two is simply unrealistic to play live.

i was thinking that after i typed it, unless you had a 2 guitarist setup or played one of the parts from a recording
I liked this piece, though I entirely fail to see what makes this "technical" groove metal. It doesn't seem any harder to play than Pantera or Machine Head, so it's just kinda plain ol' groove.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I liked this piece, though I entirely fail to see what makes this "technical" groove metal. It doesn't seem any harder to play than Pantera or Machine Head, so it's just kinda plain ol' groove.

Not everything I write is Technical Groove Metal.

I just put it up because the majority of our "discography" is technical groove metal.
Thanks for the crit.

First off, weird syncopation off the get go, me likes!

Wasn't a huge fan of the solo, are you going to record this song? the solo might turn out better once its recorded, guitar pro isn't the best for getting your point across sometimes.

Bar 54, nice 7/8 timing. Try harmonizing the 2 guitars for that riff.

Like the groove at bar 63, bar 66 IMO needs to be in a different key though, seems a bit...unexpected.

Bar 71 was my favourite, once again, weird syncopation = one happy customer.

Overall 'twas an okay piece, I don't give ratings anymore, they're meaningless really lol. Keep up the good work!
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Quote by cptazad
Thanks for the crit.

First off, weird syncopation off the get go, me likes!

Wasn't a huge fan of the solo, are you going to record this song? the solo might turn out better once its recorded, guitar pro isn't the best for getting your point across sometimes.

Bar 54, nice 7/8 timing. Try harmonizing the 2 guitars for that riff.

Like the groove at bar 63, bar 66 IMO needs to be in a different key though, seems a bit...unexpected.

Bar 71 was my favourite, once again, weird syncopation = one happy customer.

Overall 'twas an okay piece, I don't give ratings anymore, they're meaningless really lol. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the return. I appreciate it.

I'm not typically a fan of most of the solo's a write, either. It's something I really need to work on. -shrugs- At least I have gone more dynamic. The first songs I ever wrote for the band were a bunch of sweep picks and spicy arpeggios. :P But I will say that all my solo's sound a bit better when actually played by a real guitar.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.