Hey guys, currently I'm recording with Garageband. I know, really bad. I do have pro tools, but my problem is I don't have a live drum set, so I use computer drums and the ones that came with pro tools just outright suck. So, until I get better drums, I'm using garageband.

Now it records fine. But I just realized it was recording only in mono. Once I got a good set of headphones and plugged them in, the recordings were only in one ear. When I panned it to the right, it faded into oblivion. Now, I'm using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro. I have clicked it to "Stereo", and still no change.

Any ideas?
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
you have missed a setting somewhere in the program. You're recording in stereo and it should be set for mono.
Ive never worked with GB so I don't know where to start you off on settings pages but just go though them all.
You may even have something on the audio tracks you arm to record which sets stereo or mono
Quote by moody07747
you have missed a setting somewhere in the program. You're recording in stereo and it should be set for mono.
Ive never worked with GB so I don't know where to start you off on settings pages but just go though them all.
You may even have something on the audio tracks you arm to record which sets stereo or mono

I've looked all over and can't find anything. I think it may be the interface, because the mac's mic is recording in stereo.

EDIT: I went into the settings for the box and got it to work. Thanks for at least trying to help me out haha. I just needed a bit more patience.
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Last edited by RHunterGN at Jul 17, 2010,
just a tip. Garageband is not at all bad. yeah, it's not protools, but it's a quality program.

one option is to do your drums in GB and import those into protools for the rest of your tracking.

personally, i prefer to do my in the box production in Logic and all my tracking and mixing in protools. it works out quite well. i'm sure doing that with GB would be easy enough.
Hm, I never thought of it that way. I would love to mix in pro tools. My quesiton then would be: How would I go about recording the drums and then moving them? Do I export them as wav/mp3 and then import?
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Quote by RHunterGN
Hm, I never thought of it that way. I would love to mix in pro tools. My quesiton then would be: How would I go about recording the drums and then moving them? Do I export them as wav/mp3 and then import?

Anyone have any ideas?
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail