I picked up a tascam us-1641 a while ago, and it was working great for a while. But a few weeks ago it stopped being recognized by my computer. The usb light on the interface doesn't light up and the computer doesn't detect it.

Anybody have any thoughts or ideas?
Try reinstalling the drivers for it. That should do the trick
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
would i have to uninstall the driver first? if so how would i do this?
(sorry i'm not to computer savy and my friend set up all the computer stuff)
if you're on windows, go to the control panel and you should see the brand name of Tascam somewhere on the list. Uninstall that and download/install the latest ones from the website.

Be sure to match the OS bit version. Most new computers are running 64bit windows which doesnt do much except cause driver issues however unlocks more RAM to be used...
You can find your system specs by going to either My Computer, (windows XP) or Computer, (Vista/W7) and right-click > Properties.
You'll get a window pop up that will state your computer specs.
so I uninstalled the driver and tried to reinstall it, but a message came up that said an error occurred. (I think because the computer is still not recognizing the device)
Any other ideas?
Quote by lou reed>jesus
so I uninstalled the driver and tried to reinstall it, but a message came up that said an error occurred. (I think because the computer is still not recognizing the device)
Any other ideas?

What did the error specifically say?
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
yea for whatever reason the driver won't install for him....

are you using windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?
64bit always gave me this issue...and I found Tascam to have crappy driver support...as well as crappy customer support...
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 18, 2010,
It's 64 bit I believe. The driver was installed and working for a while but then one day it just stopped.
And yeah their customer support is terrible.

Would it be more likely to work if I installed XP on my computer? Or windows 7 32 bit?
the m audio fast track ultra 8r ? might be a good shout
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL