Page 5 of 14
Quote by baf250
Within the next few months I'll be buying the Renegade! I previously owned the Rebel 30 but didn't like the voicing, and the Renegade is a lot better voiced for my style.

Now I don't what cab/speakers to get since this is my first head purchase

Get either the Egnater 212 or 412...both great cabs.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
Get either the Egnater 212 or 412...both great cabs.
I've read that the speakers in both of those cabs (I know ones got elite-80 and other is v-30) sound harsh even after they "break in". I can't try it out before I buy it because my local GC doesn't stock the cabs, only the head. Have you tried the cabs?
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Last edited by baf250 at Sep 22, 2010,
Quote by baf250
I've read that the speakers in both of those cabs (I know ones got elite-80 and other is v-30) sound harsh even after they "break in". I can't try it out before I buy it because my local GC doesn't stock the cabs, only the head. Have you tried the cabs?

Yeah, I have, and I loved them both.

V30s do sound harsh to some ears...
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Well...I'm putting in an order on Friday that everyone in this thread will definitely approve of!

...I'll be making a new thread sometime next week hopefully... >
Quote by rmr024

My order has been approved...I will be the proud owner of a new amp in a few days!!!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna say what it is...but I'm sure you all know.
Quote by rmr024

One of the loudrooms at my GC is filled with Egnater amps...

...it makes me so happy...

By the way...my order is out for delivery...I'll have a thread up by tonight
Quote by rmr024

^ hey congrats man, you have wanted that amp for quite a while.

i want to retolex my tweaker head in orange. and get cream knobbies...
Quote by gregs1020
^ hey congrats man, you have wanted that amp for quite a while.

Thanks! I need to get a bigger cabinet at some point...but my 112 will do for now. It'll look a little weird though!

Quote by gregs1020

i want to retolex my tweaker head in orange. and get cream knobbies...

If you do, make a thread in GB&C...I'd love to see that project!
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
Thanks! I need to get a bigger cabinet at some point...but my 112 will do for now. It'll look a little weird though!

If you do, make a thread in GB&C...I'd love to see that project!

what's wrong with 2x12s? they look fine?

I could make a thread for it, sure. there isn't really much to it honestly, it's very easy. i just have to buy the corner pieces for it, the ht5 i did had them so it was easy to do on a whim.

that kind with the basketball texture.
Quote by Jhachey22
I go Jim Lahey on that shit

I can see the cap.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by gregs1020
what's wrong with 2x12s? they look fine?

Nothing is wrong with 2x12s!

However I only have the 1x12 Rebel cab...its gonna look like a fat deformed "T".
Quote by rmr024

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Put the head on something else and the cab up on a chair/table.

Also, i'll be the one to say i don't like the idea of an orange tweaker with cream knobs. i like my amps black.

That's what I'm going to have to do...I'll figure something out.

I really like the Tweaker's Tolex/Grill. Bruce should make that tolex the standard on his future amps (or at least give us a choice between the two). I'd love a Renegade Halfstack with that tolex and grill
Quote by rmr024

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Also, i'll be the one to say i don't like the idea of an orange tweaker with cream knobs. i like my amps black.

cream shows up better against a black background. chicken heads of course.
Quote by tubetime86
I can see the cap.

nah, i'm just putting it back on with my mouth. leaves your other hand free to... I mean, Oh! guess you caught me.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Just got a package from UPS! I'll have a new thread up once I've had a little more time to play with my new toy!
Quote by rmr024

My Renegade stopped in Toledo, Ohio for the weekend.
Seriously Fedex, it's only like a 5 hour drive from where I live. Do a man a favor!
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Sooooo........yeah...armeggedon

The wait for this is killing me.
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat

Quote by baf250
The wait for this is killing me.

I KNOW!

My only problem with the Armageddon is that (if I remember correctly) it only has 6L6s. I think we should get the tube blend with EL34s that we got on the other amps...

...that would make it perfect...
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
I KNOW!

My only problem with the Armageddon is that (if I remember correctly) it only has 6L6s. I think we should get the tube blend with EL34s that we got on the other amps...

...that would make it perfect...

If thats true, I'll be pretty upset because I too am an EL34 guy ... Hopefully they'll give the option to switch in EL34s.

I don't whether to wait and try this out or settle on a Renegade.
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat

Quote by baf250
If thats true, I'll be pretty upset because I too am an EL34 guy ... Hopefully they'll give the option to switch in EL34s.

I don't whether to wait and try this out or settle on a Renegade.

Well, they'll change it around if they feel there is enough demand for it. When they first announced the Tweaker there was no FX loop...and people asked a lot for it, so now it has one!
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
Well, they'll change it around if they feel there is enough demand for it. When they first announced the Tweaker there was no FX loop...and people asked a lot for it, so now it has one!

Wow thats awesome I wasn't aware of that! Now if only the hot/clean were footswitchable, I would consider it.
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat

Anyway, the Armageddon looks and (from what I've heard of it) sounds great. I can't wait to get my hands on that thing.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
Anyway, the Armageddon looks and (from what I've heard of it) sounds great. I can't wait to get my hands on that thing.

Agreed, the amount of features is just mind boggling... Plus the footswitch is awesome!

My wallet belongs to Egnater
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat

Indeed. So does mine...

Now to email Bruce and tell him to please mod my Tweaker so it can have a footswitch .
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by baf250
Wow thats awesome I wasn't aware of that! Now if only the hot/clean were footswitchable, I would consider it.

Google Tweaker 40 and Tweaker 88. They might be of some interest to you
Quote by Ian Egnater

what if we wanted it in the 15 watt package? can i send mine in for a mod?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Ian Egnater

Ooh!!!!
Quote by rmr024

Ohhhh some bigger tweakers!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
gonna add in the new tweakers
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
The armageddon is the amp I'm gassing for now.

I like the Tweakers, but I am quite happy with my Renegade. The next amp I buy must be DESIGNED for the Br00tz
Quote by rmr024

^ heh...

i want cream knobs...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.