So soon enough, I'm going to be ordering a Blackstar HT-5 combo from the interwebz, $400 new and shipped. I'm just waiting to sell off my 360 and all the crap I have for it.. I'm only 50 off.

I've been placing wanted ads on CraigsList for OD pedals, like a TubeScreamer or a Bad Monkey, I've yet to get replied for anything of the sort, except this one guy who's been after me for awhile..

He has a MXR ZW-44 Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal. He wants $60 for it, firm.

From clips on YouTube and reading reviews, this pedal seems pretty solid.
Would it be a good OD pedal to tighten up the already overdriven HT-5? I've heard you need a decent OD pedal to tighten up the amps gain, and push it more into metal territory..

Or should I stay away from it, and wait for something else? I'm hoping by the end of next week I'll have my HT-5 ordered, if not already shipped to me.

NOTE: I have no way to try this pedal from Daddy's Junky or any other guitar store around here.. And obviously I don't have the amp I'm getting to try his with.

So like I always have to do, I come to UG for advice.

TL;DR
MXR ZW-44, boost the HT-5 for a tighter metal sound. Good idea? $60 for a used one from a guy.
Did you check if your local GC has an MXR Classic Overdrive for $30? Word is that you flip the internal switch and it become a ZW OD.