Im looking for an amp that in comparison is about as good as a Krank Krankenstein+ without having to pay such a ridiculously amount of money. Of course I play mostly metal, southern rock and a bit of hard country. I want something with a retarded amount of gain, doesn't HAVE to be tube it can be solid state or hybrid whichever. Im willing to go used as long its within range of south eastern Texas. Ill be running 4 Texas Heats through it. Needs to have an Effects loop. So with that any suggestions?
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
You can get a used Krankenstein for less than a grand...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
My budget is around 400-800 USD
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
5150's and 6505's are pretty much the perfect metal amps. And would still be decent for your other styles. You can get a brand new 6505+ 60 watt combo for $600. The heads are 120 watts and go for double that new. The 5150 heads and combos you can find a little cheaper since Peavey doesn't make them anymore. You could find a head somewhere between $400-800 easily. I actualy just bought a 5150 2x12 Combo today for $400 even.

And guess what? It will probably sound better than any Krank.
400-800 is a pretty huge gap..5150/6505 might be a good place to start
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by handbanana
5150's and 6505's are pretty much the perfect metal amps. And would still be decent for your other styles. You can get a brand new 6505+ 60 watt combo for $600. The heads are 120 watts and go for double that new. The 5150 heads and combos you can find a little cheaper since Peavey doesn't make them anymore. You could find a head somewhere between $400-800 easily. I actualy just bought a 5150 2x12 Combo today for $400 even.

And guess what? It will probably sound better than any Krank.

i just wanted the Krank cause when I tested it, it just had such an enormous amount of gain in its arsenal and i was drawn to it, and yeah im a gain freak, to most people my tone wouldnt't be pleasing to them since i like that chainsaw in yourface grind. But ill take a look at the 6505 since i HAVE heard good things about it. Thanks for the info!