Page 1 of 3
I've googled this topic and all the advice i can find is "women like guys that play guitar" and a video on how to play wonder wall
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1904510
very informative ^^^

So lets pretend the girl above walks up to me (i'm a programmer by the way, so already she is turned on by my computer skills and pale skin) and she says "play a song, if i like it i'll put out for you". What guitar/song combination would optimize my chances of her liking said song.
awesome topic dude....

iv found that chicks either dig guitarists or hate them & there is no inbetween... depending on the chick but "More than words" by Extreme seems to work sometimes.... especially if you know how to perform and sing to her as if the song was written about her by you....

keep rocking
alf...
Keep Rocking
alf...
Quote by alfalfasprout69
awesome topic dude....

iv found that chicks either dig guitarists or hate them & there is no inbetween... depending on the chick but "More than words" by Extreme seems to work sometimes.... especially if you know how to perform and sing to her as if the song was written about her by you....

keep rocking
alf...

If you can sing and play the guitar at the same time, there's a very high chance any chick will lay you that night.

I suggest playing Fuck Her Gently by Tenacious D
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Seem a genius. Heavy power chords, orchestration, crazy well-composed solos. The toast of the show =)
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
I'm not joking here. As far as guitar goes you only need 2 things.

1. Open chords
2. Lyrics about love, sensitivity, soul searching etc.

That should get you all the immature superficial pussy you want.

Any decent woman will see through your guitar into the douchebag you really are.
Play songs that chicks dig.

Jeff Buckleys "Hallejujah"
The Extreme "More Than Words"
Jason Miraz "I'm Yours"

those are good chick picker upper songs IMO.
I recommend Hey There Delilah.

In all srsness though, you'd be better of spending your time out interacting with girls trying to pick them up rather than spend time practicing guitar in order to pick them up.
Quote by fixationdarknes
I recommend Hey There Delilah.

In all srsness though, you'd be better of spending your time out interacting with girls trying to pick them up rather than spend time practicing guitar in order to pick them up.

Another good one, especially if your change the name of the song to hey there...... "insert certain girl here"
I disagree with using the fact that I play guitar to help get attention from the opposite sex. I think it gives off the wrong impression.
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
haha I once had a guy that came up to me and said he played guitar blah blah. Turns out when I suggested meeting up and having a jam he couldn't play shit and hadn't changed his strings in three years. He was obviously hoping I would just sleep with him rather than actually want to play anything. I think he though the presence of a guitar in the corner of the room gathering dust would have turned me into a horny maniac.
Word of advice if you want to play guitar to pick up chicks make sure they don't play as well because we laugh at you ALOT.
Hmmmm..... If a chick is sorta in to rock or anything, try "All These Things I Hate" or the acoustic version of "Tear's Don't Fall," both by Bullet for my Valentine
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
1. Get an Acoustic guitar.
2. Learn the open chords.
3. Learn a love like song like hey there delilah, a chill song like What I Got or Badfish, then a crowd pleaser like Poker Face.
4. Bring guitar to a party, start playing those songs while singing, and you'll eventually get a whole bunch of people surrounded around you singing along.
5. Play open chords and make up songs on the spot about your surroundings, the people, and the party you're at.
6. ???
7. PROFIT (and pussy)
Quote by hellybelly
haha I once had a guy that came up to me and said he played guitar blah blah. Turns out when I suggested meeting up and having a jam he couldn't play shit and hadn't changed his strings in three years. He was obviously hoping I would just sleep with him rather than actually want to play anything. I think he though the presence of a guitar in the corner of the room gathering dust would have turned me into a horny maniac.
Word of advice if you want to play guitar to pick up chicks make sure they don't play as well because we laugh at you ALOT.

Respect +100

Awesome girls don't fall for that shit
Bimbos do.
If most of the guys really want bimbos, well, that makes the least meaningful night of their lives. :/
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
I hate it when people use guitars to pick up chicks, it's so stupid.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Ha love this topic, i originally wanted to learn guitar to get laid but i think in about 10 years its worked about 3 times, i thought i was gonna be getting jiggy every weekend!

Although a mate of mine who writes his own stuff and has albums out etc gets poontang everyday! lucky bugger! and he's fat!
some here you might want to try...
Goo Goo Dolls- Iris
The Fray- how to save a life
The Calling - Wherever you will go
Feeder- Just the way Im feeling
pretty much anything by SNow Patrol (especially Run, Set the fire to the 3rd bar and Your all I have)
acoustic cover of Kings of Leon - Use somebody
Play a couple of songs like that. Then play an acoustic cover of something currently popular, like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry or something.
Finish off with writing a song on the spot, about something around you.

ps, to those who say its lame using the guitar to get girls, may I remind you that serenading has been around for a long time (since medievil and probably before) and is very big in some cultures.
Quote by l3vity
ps, to those who say its lame using the guitar to get girls, may I remind you that serenading has been around for a long time (since medievil and probably before) and is very big in some cultures.

Oh, it's a tradition that's been around for ages? Man, it must be great and in no way harmful, then!

Using this as a rule cannot possibly backfire in any way.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by l3vity

Could say the same thing about human sacrifice.
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
you people who are all "using guitar to pickup girls is wrong" annoy me.
like, we're musicians, and if girls like us because of this, great!

in other news,
wonderwall - oasis
emily - from first to last (with all the girls i know anyway)
and any other song that you can sing and play on an acoustic at the same time
Learn Smoke on the Water, they will be impressed and completely wet due to your amazing technical skill and originality.
Something acoustic and pretty. It always works. Sucks to tell a girl that you're a musician then respond with "Guitar. I play metal.." when they ask what you do. Instant no-sex mode.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Something acoustic and pretty. It always works. Sucks to tell a girl that you're a musician then respond with "Guitar. I play metal.." when they ask what you do. Instant no-sex mode.

Unless you get someone who's into metal,then its a win.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Doonan
wonderwall - oasis

Though if the girl you're trying to get with is a fan of oasis she'd know that it's not a love song, it was written to take the piss out of love songs.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by hellybelly

How about if we play better than you?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by hellybelly

+100000
I know Quite a few guys that have tried that. It's quite hilarious when you see the look on their face when you can play better than they can.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
How about if we play better than you?

We respect you and then jam on guitar with you for hours.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by offthewall91
We respect you and then jam on guitar with you for hours.

Respect is boring, I have friends for that
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by BgOslicK
1. Get an Acoustic guitar.
2. Learn the open chords.
3. Learn a love like song like hey there delilah, a chill song like What I Got or Badfish, then a crowd pleaser like Poker Face.
4. Bring guitar to a party, start playing those songs while singing, and you'll eventually get a whole bunch of people surrounded around you singing along.
5. Play open chords and make up songs on the spot about your surroundings, the people, and the party you're at.
6. ???
7. PROFIT (and pussy)

^ time and time again
Picking up girls with guitar:

Step 1: Place guitar under girl.
Step 2: Lift guitar.
Step 3: You just picked up a girl with a guitar.

Amidoinitrite?
There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
Well, one way of picking up the ladies with a guitar would be to:
* First, buy an SG or any guitar with a double cutaway
* Then, insert neck of the guitar between said woman's legs
* Place the double cutaways around the girl's legs
* Tilt the neck slightly upward
* Grap guitar by body and neck
* Pick up the girl

Too literal?
Quote by Ishkabibble
Picking up girls with guitar:

Step 1: Place guitar under girl.
Step 2: Lift guitar.
Step 3: You just picked up a girl with a guitar.

Amidoinitrite?

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

well my way's more intricate
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Last edited by classicrockboy at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by classicrockboy
Well, one way of picking up the ladies with a guitar would be to:
* First, buy an SG or any guitar with a double cutaway
* Then, insert neck of the guitar between said woman's legs
* Place the double cutaways around the girl's legs
* Tilt the neck slightly upward
* Grap guitar by body and neck
* Pick up the girl

Too literal?

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

well my way's more intricate

I don't see how could you have missed a post that was posted an hour and 10 minutes before yours and expresses the same thing. Oh, and it's right above yours too.

Sorry
Girls are not impressed by guitar.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Girls are not impressed by guitar.

agreed,
if i started playing guitar for that reason and the reason only, id be a douche.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Page 1 of 3