Does anyone else just get those days where u try practicin, but u cant get into enough do even sound decent? had that today. was playin like shit. that, and cold fingers. What else holds u guys back from practicing?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
generally cold fingers, lack of inpiration, and boredom with exercises hold me back. but i just find a way to remotivate my self and im usually on top of my game again.
Hot days, I love jumping around and really getting into it, so when it's like 90 in my room, no fun for me :c
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

It was 105 degrees in my mates garage today, at band practice.

We pretty much took advantage of the heat and played hard as feck. After like 3 hours of practice I was literally drenched in sweat.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by TheBigProjekt
Hot days, I love jumping around and really getting into it, so when it's like 90 in my room, no fun for me :c

definitely! with my AC broken and the 100° days we were having a few weeks ago it was insane in my room... up to 95° at one point. didn't play for a week or more!

sometimes i just pick up my guitar and feel completely uninspired. one of those "i can't believe i've been playing guitar for 8 years and i'm only this good" days.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by EspTro
Does anyone else just get those days where u try practicin, but u cant get into enough do even sound decent? had that today. was playin like shit. that, and cold fingers. What else holds u guys back from practicing?

I hate those days... Eventually you get tired of your rig and you need something to bring back that spark in practicing. For you? Buy a new amp. You will find an all new love for playing guitar.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
put on a music dvd or play a cd that you haven`t played in awhile

go get a guitar magazine

even visit your local store just to perv at the displays

go to a gig

i do all of these when motivation is lacking, it soon comes back.....
I fecking love heat to be honest, makes me feel more limbre and the sweat is like ultra speed lube
Sometimes I'll pick up and feel really uninspired and almost like I have lost some of teh skillz. Usually I try to warm up with a fun song or something up beat ( Van Halen usually does me right ) and then go into practicing. If I let my tubes warm up nice and right though I'll it the first chord and it'll be a great time. Listening to good music before doesn't hurt the matter either!
Lack of inspiration and motivation is my main problem
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
I usually experiment with different settings on my amps and pedals to try to create a particular sound that inspires me when i'm having one of those kind of days.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
yeah somedays just don't come together and others are awesome. i've learned to accept this. as a positive i've also learned to use my crap days to guage where i'm really at in my playing. over the years what i consider to be a crap day has gotten better and if you look back perhaps todays crap day was as good or better than your best day 5 years back.