Poll: Which car would you recommend?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which car would you recommend?
2nd gen Camaro
11 14%
2nd gen Firebird (70-74)
10 13%
Mazda RX-7
19 25%
Toyota Celica
2 3%
Toyota Supra
7 9%
Datsun 280z 2+2
1 1%
Quit being a poon and buy the 2 seater 280z
14 18%
Other
13 17%
Voters: 77.
Page 1 of 2
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what I want my next car to be. I'm gonna fix up my Camaro a bit more (almost done ). But then, I don't know what I want to get.

I know I want something with four seats, so that rules out a 240/280z (my favorite cars in the world ) and I want something sporty (and keep in mind if it's a tuner it won't be stock, so factor in body kits and stuff!) and at least a 4-speed manual transmission, but I want something that I know's gonna be easy to work on too, and I've never owned an import, but both me and my dad have always been around GM cars, so we can really work on them and know what's wrong with one if something happens.

I'll include a poll of cars that I'm considering, but post other suggestions too! And keep in mind, I'm selling a third-gen Camaro, so I'm not gonna have a huge budget...

EDIT: And forgot to mention, looks are DEFINITELY the most important factor!
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Jul 18, 2010,
where is the Nissan Skyline V- Spec Nür II ?

btw i voted other

my 2nd favorite is the Dodge Charger R/T 1969
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Camaro. If you've been around GM cars all your life, then stick with what you know
Don't get a Rice Racer they are boring.
Muscle car FTW
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
yeah good luck fitting gear in any of those and buying a 2nd gen firebird in decent condition for that price, not to be rude but 3rd gen camaros arent somethin people really want now a days. also a supra? do you even know how much a 2jz cost without a body and a tranny, better yet are you sure you even know about cars more than just looks
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Fix up a truck. Or muscle. Tuners are boring, they're all the same thing. Fart tubes, big spoilers, carbon fiber everywhere, blah blah blah
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
you guys are all listing cars that are about 30,000 in fair condition let alone about 5000 he will get for his 3rd gen camaro.
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

yeah save from 5000 to 30,000 shouldnt take too long you know considering im gonna make a healthy guess that he is in high school or college. teachers dont even make 30,000 a year so yeah save for what 3 years?
roland AC90

I came in here expecting something else too.

I voted RX7. I don't know which RX7 year you meant. FC or FD both are sweet IMO.
I say 240Z over 280Z are its body looks way better.
TOTAL BRO
Quote by Skagasm
yeah save from 5000 to 30,000 shouldnt take too long you know considering im gonna make a healthy guess that he is in high school or college. teachers dont even make 30,000 a year so yeah save for what 3 years?

Guess who Mr Negative is today?
Quote by Baby Joel

ok swap teachers with airline pilots.

edit:not negative just honest i mean why tell the kid to get a 69 charger when he could only afford about 1/17 of the car.
roland AC90

Last edited by Skagasm at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by Darkice
Good point I guess..

*gumbs off to self about peoples instant gratification attitude..*

haha personally id save hell right now im driving a ****ing pontiac solstice to save up for a challanger.
roland AC90

Muscle all the way.

I'm gonna have a decent amount of cash pretty soon and I'm planning on dropping 10 grand of it on a 1973 Chevy Nova with a 383 Stroker and a B&M Megashifter kit. Pretty much fully restored and modded to the teeth. Five hundred horsepower mothafucka.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
roland AC90

Muscle cars are aesthetically more pleasing to me at least. I'll never be ale to afford to run one though. :P

I'd say go muscle.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Skagasm
find me starting teachers and pilots salary troll.

For teachers: http://www.payscale.com/research/US/All_K-12_Teachers/Salary/by_Years_Experience
It states that the average salary of a teacher within his/her first teaching year is roughly $35,000.
And for pilots, this is quoted directly from that Newsweek article I linked.
Starting pay for pilots at a major carrier is around $30,000 per year.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Tommy Walker
I hear grover makes some nice tuners. :P

MUSCLE CARS FTW.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough you can get an Evo 9 for around your price range. If no luck then most certainly an 8.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough you can get an Evo 9 for around your price range. If no luck then most certainly an 8.

bad idea. not only can he not afford one but i doubt he can afford the upkeep and insurance
roland AC90

I thought he was fixing them up to sell?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live

Practical and quite fast
Quote by poopsmith666
thats pretty epic actually.

-Cheap classical guitar
-Cheap western
-Ibanez GRX70 jumpstart package
-Shine bass + Eden Nemesis en8jr 25W
In England, you'd have to take out a second mortage to afford the insurance and petrol costs. Hence why all my mates drive Fiesta's.
im planning on getting a muscle car for my next car, considering my current car is a fiat seicento sporting i need something with a bit more umpfh and more room

i would advise keeping the camaro
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by Thrashtastic15

if you think i mean a god awful new one your sadly mistaken
roland AC90

Quote by Firenze
I thought he was fixing them up to sell?

I will probably end up selling it, but I want at least a project car. I get bored when I don't have anything left to work on, so I sell it.

Quote by macaroni
Where's the Evo and GTR's?

Don't like Evos, and can't afford a GTR.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Page 1 of 2