I am wanting to get into learning some hendrix but most of the tablature just seems impossible....

I want to know which song, without a doubt is going to be the easiest for someone with about 2.5 years of playing time, I want to start out easy and work through a few more challenging songs once I get the first one under my belt...

thanks for the time, hope this can be determined and one can be considered half way easy.

Is there a certain song that people learn first?
i learned purple haze then voodoo child a little while later after around 2.5 years purple haze was pretty easy
If I were you, I'd learn the overall techniques Hendrix employs. The tab looks difficult because he's using different chord structures and probably lead at the same time. Watch him play it, figure it out by ear or check out Youtube. I'd go for Hey Joe.
Epiphone SG-G400.
Crate Flexwave 15W
Korg Toneworks Modeling Signal Processor AX3G
Honestly, I find Bold as love to be pretty simple if you figure out what chords he's playing. I've been playing as long as you, and it's not too bad so long as you know what shape he has on the board, save for a few hammer ons and pull offs.

If not Purple haze is pretty easy. And for the solo, Just have the gain way high and do random shit.
The Wind Cries Mary.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Thejoker92

If not Purple haze is pretty easy. And for the solo, Just have the gain way high and do random shit.

thats what hendrix did. lol

voodoo child is pretty easy.

what makes it easy is if you practice the song a lot.
memorize the positions and just practice the heck out of it.
pretty soon your fingers will find their way home to some trippy hendrix rock stuff.
Hey Joe is easy, at the end of the day it's just 5 chords.

Hendrix stuff can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be - his entire style revolves around riffing on and around chord shapes.

If you just learn the chords then you've pretty much learned the song - from that point on you've got all the time in the world to work on adding in those little fills and embellishments.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Hey Joe is easy, at the end of the day it's just 5 chords.

Hendrix stuff can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be - his entire style revolves around riffing on and around chord shapes.

If you just learn the chords then you've pretty much learned the song - from that point on you've got all the time in the world to work on adding in those little fills and embellishments.

Too easy of an answer.

All those little fills make his songs to what they are, cause the progressions are standard progressions most of the time, or just chord vamps.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I would recommend the Lick Library Hendrix DVD's if you have some spare cash.

They work through the songs bit by bit in small chunks, and i find the learning curve fairly steep but with a lot of rewind/play/rewind/play etc, you'll be banging out Hendrix tunes in no time.

Paul
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
The Wind Cries Mary.

Mellow, but not certainly not easy.

Purple Haze, Fire and Foxy Lady are easy.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Too easy of an answer.

All those little fills make his songs to what they are, cause the progressions are standard progressions most of the time, or just chord vamps.

I see no point in making things out to be more complicated than they actually are.

Once you've got the chords in place the majority of the other notes fall naturally under your hands - it's a simple matter of having your hand in the right place in the first place.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
at the end of the day

For ****'s sake; I've seen your other posts, you seem to be a pretty intelligent sort of person, then I'm confronted with this. What the ****.
Oh, I'm so sorry for removing some of the mystique surrounding Mr Hendrix.

He was a great guitarist, he was a great musician and he wrote killer songs but the simple fact of the matter is most of his material isn't particularly complicated. Granted there's usually a lot to remember, but in the main it's straightforward bluesy licks and arpeggiated chords - he was just really clever at using them, taking something fairly ordinary and making it sound extraordinary. Lots of those passages that at first look impossibly complicated when tabbed are played without you even needing to move your hand - once you realise that learning one of his songs is a far less daunting prospect.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 18, 2010,