So far i gave only fully written one song (which is this) im still learning how to correctly use GP5. i've only been playing for 2 years and i started to write songs and riffs a couple months ago. i dont really know where my inspiration for this song came from because i want listening to music or thinking about it when i wrote it as most of my musician friends do which i try to veer away from.

ill glady take a look at anyone elses song as well

any thoughts, what you like/dislike is fully appreciated, id rather hear my music sucks and i can ork on it rather than get patronized
Attachments:
#02.gp5
Last edited by Tsunami3000 at Jul 18, 2010,
Hey that was pretty good man, especially for your first song
The song was thrash and had a kinda Egyptian/Desert or something like that vibe to it and I liked that :P

However, the song needs a structure, and most of the drum needs to be redone (I would do them but I'm no good at writing drums). I fixed the timing issues for you, the Bass tuning (It was tuned the same way as a guitar .. I kept the 6 string bass though.. if you ever need it ) I also arranged the guitar tracks for Rythm Guitar and Lead Guitar, it still needs some work but it's a good start
Attachments:
#02 FIXED.gp5
Last edited by Psykoz at Jul 18, 2010,
The funny thing is, you were just like I was when I started using guitar pro. 2 years of playing experience, just came up with a song and put it in guitar pro without any influences.

WE'RE TWINS, ZOMG!

However, my first songs were a million times more complex. I included a million arpeggios and structured, blazing fast riffs, that only I can seem to play. Lol. My band actually refuses to play my first few songs, because half the shizz was so complex and fast that I finally let it go.

But any hooters, the intro was good, you just need to figure out time signature and such, because your first riff doesn't fit the 4/4 right. The song has a good feel throughout. I like your stance on solo's and filler riffs and such, gives it a great feel.

The outro drags on for a bit, but the solo easily fixed that. It sounds really cool, to be honest.

But it is FAR from being a complete song. It needs a structure and everything. But it is a heck of a good start. For what it is: 6/10; for what it could be 9/10. Writing music without any influences is how a guy like you can rise to the top.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335626&highlight=To+the+shame+of+us+all

Btw, if you like my drum writing in that song, I can write some drums for you if youh like.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Criiting as i listen
-The intro is very okay not outstanding
-1st verse is the same, not good or bad just average
-I like the bars 12-19
-Bars 28-29 sound very awkward for some reason the random 32nd note throws it off
-Same with the re-intro as above
-40 to 41 is really just a scale run and nothing to oustanding
- I like the tapping little outro thing however and is the best thing besides bars 12-19

Overall a semi-decent song, however for a first song it is very good. Sorry if it comes off harsh but im not trying to be, just trying to make you a little better.

5.5/10

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349909
I think it needs to be sped up a little, 135 bpm maybe.
And I'll some drums for this in a week or so.
If DragThe Waters writes drums for you that you like then I won't bother.

And I just thought I'd say DTW, I looked at your song to see your drums and I noticed you really overuse the splash. No drummer uses a splash cymbal like that, on every beat. They're usually used to accent, for example the beginning of bars or a particular beat or the end of a fill or used in a fill.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Quote by frankibo
I think it needs to be sped up a little, 135 bpm maybe.
And I'll some drums for this in a week or so.
If DragThe Waters writes drums for you that you like then I won't bother.

And I just thought I'd say DTW, I looked at your song to see your drums and I noticed you really overuse the splash. No drummer uses a splash cymbal like that, on every beat. They're usually used to accent, for example the beginning of bars or a particular beat or the end of a fill or used in a fill.

I only use the splash for RSE sound purposes. The hi-hat in GP5, especially when a MIDI drum kit is used, sounds like a load of crap. That's why I use it. Wouldn't use it like that in another persons song.
Quote by DragTheWaters11
I only use the splash for RSE sound purposes. The hi-hat in GP5, especially when a MIDI drum kit is used, sounds like a load of crap. That's why I use it. Wouldn't use it like that in another persons song.

Ah okay, fair enough.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Using RSE is pretty much always a mistake -- that's why GP6 is such a disgusting mess to use. Guitar Pro isn't here to create audibly-pleasant music, I'm fairly confident that the vast majority of us here, when critting or listening to a GP, are imagining it tracked, with real instruments (or at least some decent virtual ones!).
Quote by LessThanLuke
Using RSE is pretty much always a mistake -- that's why GP6 is such a disgusting mess to use. Guitar Pro isn't here to create audibly-pleasant music, I'm fairly confident that the vast majority of us here, when critting or listening to a GP, are imagining it tracked, with real instruments (or at least some decent virtual ones!).

We all know Guitar Pro isn't here to create audibly-pleasant music. But when my band-mates wanna hear a new song, I absolutely HATE it sounding like a techno song. So that's why using RSE isn't a mistake, whatsoever.
hey man

first off i want to say a few things , try to use section markers ( by double clicking above the tab number above the colored blocks ) this way its easier for people to crit it and most importantly for yourself to keep it structured and organized.

anyway of to the crit

bar 1 - 8 :
liked the riff , good intro to the song

bar 9 - 19:
good riff's again . allthough the drums are off at some points

bar 20 - 29:
Nice continuation of the riff , though not sure about the last few bars , sound cinda random

bar 32 - 43:
Ok now the whole things getting repetitive , there should be a change in riff or something at this point imo.

bar 44 - 51:
loved it , works well as an outro.

All in all id give this a 7 , it seems to me that you have a hard time with transitions , and you just seem to add some "random" lead as a result. but as first attempt , its pretty good ! keep it up

Could you crit any of the songs in my sig ?
New to guitar pro? Yea I'm pretty sure you're not yet familiar with triplets. No big deal. I got really irritated in the beginning not knowing them cuz I would have all this stuff coming out with such wrong timing. The fast hammer-on, pull-off in bar 8 would work out if you changed it to triplet time. Here, check this out:

No crit haha.. sorry
Last edited by AlErDz5 at Nov 7, 2010,
hey thanks for all the crits honestly, i changed a bunch since i made this, tunings D standard now. and i have gotten alot better at using guitar pro, my songs are alot more technical. this song really is used for my band to get a foreground

also. i hate the solo i wrote for this i changed it a LONG time ago. the song originally was meant to be quick. and my skills as a guitarist progressed as well.
im really contemplationg posting my newer stuff, because im more leaned towards that way of playing. heavier strings. tuned a bit lower. and an actual band to write with. so when i post the other stuff, let me know what you think as well, and ill C4C everyone who asked finally!