Page 1 of 7
On Saturday, we had the monthly Anti-Scientology protest in Melbourne.

We started at Flinders St Station (for those non-Melbournians, it's one of the busiest hubs in Melbourne's CBD). We then moved through the city, eventually picketing outside the Church of Scientology.

It was a great day. We spent the day handing out hundreds of fliers to people, our unofficial "Organiser" (Or so the police called him, unable to handle Anon's lack of hierarchy <.< ) gave a few speeches over a speaker system, we had a speech by an ex-Scientology member, and we had a bunch of people asking us what we were fighting for and why.
Had some really interesting conversations with people who had no idea who Scientology were, or just didn't know why they need to be rallied against.
I have to say, I learned a few more things I didn't already know about, so it was a great experience all round.

I also had the very pleasant (read: creepy) experience of some lady who I'm sure MUST have been a Scientologist... asking me some really probing questions about what we were doing, demanding to know why I was wearing a mask, and saying "Fascinating, fascinating..." in a seriously, seriously creepy voice and knowing smile.
*shudder*

We also had a bunch of Scientologists following us around with cameras, taking photos of us (hence our masks), and taking flight when we noticed them.

When we eventually stopped and picketed outside the Church of Scientology, they had a couple of douchebag security guards out the front entrance. We set up a perimeter, where we wouldn't come within a certain distance of the entrance as to not be accused of trespassing/blocking the entrance/etc etc. but we stood out front handing out fliers to passerby's, while the guards constantly hurled insults at us and tried to incite violence. Hilarious.

"So what's it like on the Dole, guys?"
"What? I can't hear a fucken thing you're saying, mate. Why don't you take off that mask?"
(to one of our guys in a gas mask) "Jesus fuck you're ugly, put your mask back on please!"
"Why don't you come up here, you chicken shit? I'll break yer fucken face!"

Pretty unprofessional, guys :P

Then the police came along, and the guards were having a ball, chanting at us that our time is over, we're gonna get kicked away etc.
They seemed pretty disappointed when the cops basically told us "Okay, so you guys can do whatever, call these guys cult members, or evil, or whatever you want - but keep the streets clear, don't run on the roads, don't block the footpath, and keep the music down. And don't take photos of inside the church. Or business, or whatever it is."

Niiiice.

Anyways, being my first IRL $cion raid, I have to say it was a great time. We didn't have as big a turnout as normal apparently (maybe between 30-50 over the span of the day), but it's a monthly thing so hopefully next time it'll be even better.

Anyone else been involved in a $cion Rally? They're held in every major city (if there's a church there, anyway), usually monthly. Try searching around for "[Your city here] Anonymous", and you might find something.
An example: http://www.melbanon.com/

And now, photos!

All that's missing is a chainsaw:

A couple of signs:

FFFFUUUUUUUU-

Last edited by Scourge at Jul 18, 2010,
Outside the church:

The guards thought they were sneaky by moving away from the doors to avoid the photo:

=]

If this thread doesn't die (which it probably will <.< ) I'll post more of the professional photos we got, and videos, as they come up.
It's weird seeing internet on the streets, not to mention the memes. Oh well, sounds like a fun day.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm sure the world-wide multi-billion dollar heavy with millions of supporters church of scientology is terrified by you guys.

Looks like fun, though.
A bunch of basement-dwelling scerves protested a harmless, albeit crazy religious organization?

Neat.
k, koo
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Fascinating, fascinating...

no really your post is fascinating. We don't have scientology or sciontologists around here so yeah...
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']A bunch of basement-dwelling scerves protested a harmless, albeit crazy religious organization?

Neat.
Might wanna check up on what Scientology has done before you call it harmless.
I have to admit, I do love your coat.
I think my brain got fried knowing Anonymous did something peaceful and organised however.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Might wanna check up on what Scientology has done before you call it harmless.

Sounds like a bunch of conspiracy theory stuff. I won't diss, I'm just not buying it.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm sure the world-wide multi-billion dollar heavy with millions of supporters church of scientology is terrified by you guys.

Looks like fun, though.
Yeah, no one expects to be able to crush the organisation at all, that's not really what this was about.
This particular rally was trying to raise awareness about Scientology trying to keep their Tax Exempt Status which is reserved for religions, it's been debated in parliament recently.
All we try to do is raise some awareness, hopefully get some press news, turn some heads. We're not going to crush them, obviously, but we hope to raise some awareness.

Apparently the Sydney raids is where it's at though, they get massive turnouts.

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']A bunch of basement-dwelling scerves protested a harmless, albeit crazy religious organization?

Neat.Harmless?

Check out the link I posted in the first post.
I'll post it again:
http://www.melbanon.com/

EDIT:
Quote by OddOneOut
I have to admit, I do love your coat.
I think my brain got fried knowing Anonymous did something peaceful and organised however.

Haha thanks
The guards used my clothing as an insult to the others... everyone else was dressed pretty casually, so the guards used that to imply that I had money, while everyone else was on the dole.
They were incredibly imaginative. <.<

And yeah, IRL Anon - while a spawn of Internet Anon - is actually quite a different entity, and they always do peaceful protests, and the rallies are always great fun, lots of meeting new people, lots of music and dancing, and generally learning some new things every time.
I witnessed a fair amount of Anon Scientology trolling when I lived in Berlin, it was hilarious. Met two Anons at a Halloween party, too. Really nice blokes
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
dine

dine At Pancake Parlour On Bourke St Mall
We bloody well would have, if we had the time. But we spent too long hanging around Flinders haha. Would have ended up with barely any time at the Church.

Also, you're from Melbourne? Come to the next rally!
You can buy your mask at Bernards Magic Shop on Elizabeth st.
Otherwise, I made a few of the paper masks yesterday, I'll probably make a few more next time too.
SOME OF THEIR CRIMES:
- Physical abuse of members.
- Brainwashing
- Forced abortions
- Child labor
- Slave labor
- Criminal cover-ups.
- Stalking, assaulting and slandering critics and ex-members.
- Many deaths
- Forcing members to disconnect from family
- Forcing members to divorce their partners.

SCIENTOLOGY IS AND ARE:
- Racist
- Homophobic (Dianetics p125)
- Against Freedom of Speech
- FOR the INTERNET FILTER (Cleanfeed) [this is true, they wish to censor our internet to stop access to sites critical of Scientology]

From your linked website this sounds like most religions on the planet. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that you can try to destroy it, it's a free society and you should accept that some have different beliefs.
I went to one about a year ago in Perth. There were about 15 of us, and we just happened to see them, and hung out with the anons, giving out flyers, etc. They're actually really nice people.
Quote by 09phillt
From your linked website this sounds like most religions on the planet. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that you can try to destroy it, it's a free society and you should accept that some have different beliefs.

I don't think anything of that should be accepted even though it is a free society, nor do I think you can brush it away saying it's like most religions. Ironically since it's a 'free society' he is allowed to protest it.

Anyways, I do like the way you dress scourge.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
It's weird seeing internet on the streets, not to mention the memes. Oh well, sounds like a fun day.

this... it looks like it would be an awesome and hi-larious day... you should have all kicked the shit out of the guards though, that would have been a story to tell
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

good to know something good has come out of 4chan at least.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
good to know something good has come out of 4chan at least.

We have a lot of good come out
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by 09phillt
It's a cult in it's definition, rather than a religion: You actually have to pay, to be a part of Scientology.
Not to mention, when you're a member, you have to disconnect yourself from those not part of the church, or those critical of it. ie, it breaks up families, if say the Father is a part of the church, but the mother isn't. The father would be forced to leave the family.

Scientology also stalks those critical of the church (some of the regular raiders have actually had Scions go TO THEIR HOUSE, tried to force them to apologise, and tried to get them to join.

They've also been known to sabotage the lives of ex-members, and those critical of the church - ruining them financially, abusing and harassing them, making it almost impossible for them to get a job, etc.

Like I say, it's a cult in it's definition.

Quote by will123456789
this... it looks like it would be an awesome and hi-larious day... you should have all kicked the shit out of the guards though, that would have been a story to tell
That's what the guards would have wanted us to try
The police wouldn't have been as nice to us if we had gotten violent, like the guards were trying to incite us to do the whole time haha.
Quote by Kensai
I don't think anything of that should be accepted even though it is a free society, nor do I think you can brush it away saying it's like most religions. Ironically since it's a 'free society' he is allowed to protest it.

Anyways, I do like the way you dress scourge.

I see what you mean, but you shouldn't be allowed to wantonly attack something because you don't like it. If it was a reasoned debate then it would be perfectly acceptable, but standing outside their Church and protesting would be classed as persecution in my country. Don't get me wrong Scientology seems like crap, but if people want to follow it then they should be able to without interference.
Just to clarify, guys: Scientology is not a religion.

Nobody with a sane mind thinks Scientology is a religion.
Brool story co.

But really, pretty awesome stuff. I'd like to join in the next Amsterdam raid.. It's just that it's pretty hard to actually find out when there's going to be one.
Tell me who's that writin'...
^^haha I remember the CHCH protest, a guy from my school was part of it, there were like 5 people total
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by 09phillt
I see what you mean, but you shouldn't be allowed to wantonly attack something because you don't like it. If it was a reasoned debate then it would be perfectly acceptable, but standing outside their Church and protesting would be classed as persecution in my country. Don't get me wrong Scientology seems like crap, but if people want to follow it then they should be able to without interference.
We're perfectly allowed to protest against Scientology, when we feel it's a dangerous organisation that needs to be watched verrry carefully by the powers that be.

We're peaceful protesters, and we follow the law at all times - so there's no reason why we should not continue to try and raise awareness. Of course, we can't stop people from joining if they want to, but we can try and make people think twice about being involved.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Just to clarify, guys: Scientology is not a religion.

Nobody with a sane mind thinks Scientology is a religion.

Exactly. It's a business, that draws it's life on taking advantage of the gullibility, the fear, and the need for security by it's members.
Protesting Scientology is like trying to cure stupidity - it's implausible and useless. If some people are just morons and chose to believe in dumb **** and take part in stupid rituals there's nothing you can do to stop them IMO. Plus everyone has the right to religious freedom so I don't see how such a protest could yield any result.
Quote by Scourge
We're perfectly allowed to protest against Scientology, when we feel it's a dangerous organisation that needs to be watched verrry carefully by the powers that be.

We're peaceful protesters, and we follow the law at all times - so there's no reason why we should not continue to try and raise awareness. Of course, we can't stop people from joining if they want to, but we can try and make people think twice about being involved.

+100
Quote by 09phillt

What are you talking about? We have the right to protest in the UK do we not?
as lame as scientology is, to me this seems beyond that. even as someone who browses and posts on multiple boards of 4chan the whole anon is legion/using memes in real life (and wearing ill fitting suits) bullshit is embarrassing
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by kr1stians
Protesting Scientology is like trying to cure stupidity - it's implausible and useless. If some people are just morons and chose to believe in dumb **** and take part in stupid rituals there's nothing you can do to stop them IMO. Plus everyone has the right to religious freedom so I don't see how such a protest could yield any result.
Like I say, we don't expect to crush the organisation by any means - we just want to raise awareness, and inform people of the crimes of the Church.
If people choose to ignore us, or just have general disinterest - then that's fine.

What we're really fighting for at the moment, which is really important, is Scientology's Tax Exempt Status. It needs to be revoked, and so that is what Anon is fighting for at the moment.
Didn't really seem like you did important work, and I doubt the people would get your memes.
But hey, you had a great day and that's all that matters in the end.
Quote by 09phillt
Yes but we'd be labelled as racists and crap.

Only by morons. So i wouldn't be bothered. And scientology isn't even a religion, let a alone a race!