So my guitar has a standard fixed bridge on it, and this morning I was tightening the screws on the strap buttons when I decided to just check if any other screws are loose. When I got to the bridge I noticed that one of the screws just kept on turning and I didn't feel any firm resistance at all.

Is it something I should be worried about? Could this have any noticeable effects on my tone or sustain?
Can you pull the screw out using your hands and minimal effort? Or do you still need a screw driver?

Does the part of the bridge where the screw is pull up under string tension?

If it bothers you, you could just get some dowl and plug the hole and re drill it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
i would fill it and redrill it. iv used some wood glue in small screw holes to fill them before and it worked well
Quote by Absent Mind
Can you pull the screw out using your hands and minimal effort? Or do you still need a screw driver?

Does the part of the bridge where the screw is pull up under string tension?

If it bothers you, you could just get some dowl and plug the hole and re drill it.

The screw is flush with the bridge so I wouldn't be able to pull it out with my fingers. But I think it's still got a bit of grip in there.

The bridge looks completely normal. There's like 5 other screws which are firmly tightened holding the bridge down.

If it's not likely to be causing any loss in tone or sustain then I'll probably end up doing nothing about it.

Now that I've put more thought into it, it doesn't really seem like such a problem anymore...
Yeah untill it completely strips out I wouldnt really worry about it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man