I was looking for suggestions for a new amp and I found this forum, so I figured I may as well ask.

Price range: $12-1500AUD (ideally as low as possible, really can't go over $1500)
Styles: 90s metal - somewhere in between Alice in Chains, Black Label Society, Pantera and KoRn.
Guitars: Schecter C-1 and a project gat with an Ibanez GIO body and P-90 pickups. Mostly the Schecter.

Also:
- has to be pretty easy to move around - I'm a little guy and I'll be gigging with it, so I'll be dragging it around a fair bit.
- for the same reason, also has to be pretty durable.
- I have a fairly large pedalboard (delay, whammy, reverb, OD and autowah) so it has to be compatible with these - I've been borrowing a mate's Peavey Vypyr recently and it sounds like shit with all my pedals.
- Even though I gig, I live in an apartment so it'd be cool if it could be played low as I can't afford an attenuator or stuff like that.

Any ideas?
Can't really find a decent Marshall for under 2 grand round here - I don't like buying off eBay (bad experiences) and our pawn shops suck for anything better than oversized practice amps.
There's a Peavey 6505 combo I can get for $1200 - something like that? It seems to meet most of my needs, although I'll go give it a try first.

I want to avoid full stacks for space/mobility reasons.
Last edited by Skrewfish at Jul 18, 2010,
if you wanna save some money they make a 6505 112 60 watt combo that only costs $600 new. 60 watts is still plenty loud
Quote by handbanana
if you wanna save some money they make a 6505 112 60 watt combo that only costs $600 new. 60 watts is still plenty loud

I think it's the same one. I'm in Australia so shit's more expensive for us.