I don't really have a clue about pedals at all, apart from what they do.

Does your guitar lead go into the Input and then what goes from the Output? And what happens if you have 2 pedals, how do you use them at the same time?

guitar -> input output -> amp

or

guitar -> input output -> pedal 2 input pedal 2 output -> amp

Not hard to work out.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Guitar -> Pedal 1 input
Pedal 1 output -> Pedal 2 input
Pedal 2 output -> Amp

Like in this image, the cable on the right is coming from the guitar, and the cable on the left is going to the amp.

Argh, my current guitar cable cost me £20 -_-.

So if you want to plug in 2 pedals, you need 3 guitar cables?
Yes

EDIT: It can be more depending if a pedal is in front of the amp and the other is in the loop
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Last edited by Guitar-KID125 at Jul 18, 2010,
I don't think any will be ran through the effects loop because I'll be using an overdrive, tuner and a noise gate.
What will you be using the noise gate for, reducing guitar squeel or reducing amp hum. If its the later it will need to be in the loop.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Just to stop feedback really, I'm going to be getting a used 5150/6505/6505+ so when the songs are stopping and starting I'm gonna need it so theres not loads of feedback when the song stops.
Quote by Andrew/WK
Just to stop feedback really, I'm going to be getting a used 5150/6505/6505+ so when the songs are stopping and starting I'm gonna need it so theres not loads of feedback when the song stops.

Turn your guitar volume down?
Or mute the strings with your hand
Quote by clayman696
Turn your guitar volume down?
Or mute the strings with your hand

Does not understand Feedback

To reduce that sound 5150's make when you stop playing, you must use a noise suppressor/gate. Turn the amp on standby or turn the guitar volume down which is too difficult if its only short times you stop eg. a breakdown

That noise gate will have to be put in the effects loop, and yes you will need more cables
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

Quote by clayman696
THIS is feedback:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C97Qc_m34w

you can stop it by muting the strings.

Yeah but if you've ever played live before you'll know that often times when you're blasting an amp (even a large one) at high gain settings it'll feed back and muting the strings won't do s**t.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Yeah but if you've ever played live before you'll know that often times when you're blasting an amp (even a large one) at high gain settings it'll feed back and muting the strings won't do s**t.

then it isnt feedback, it is noise. feedback is exactly what it says, it is the sound of the amp feeding back into the guitar string and making them vibrate. if you mute the strings and are getting feedback, something else in your chain is picking it up. which means you probably have something like a bad cable, or it is infact noise and not feedback.

which is fine, and sticking the gate in the loop is what will fix it, but a noisy amp is not neccesarily feeding back.