I'll try to keep this short as I regularly go overboard with my words.

Okay, so I'm looking for a new amp I'll try to answer all the possible questions that are require to know when giving amp advice.

My current set-up is a Carvin Bolt-T with a floor set-up that changes often and isn't set in stone, that's next to be upgraded after the amp, which goes into a Laney LC-15. (I'm thinking until my new amp, as the LC-15 does gigs quite well, especially if miced which it may be depending on the venue, my live set-up will simply be, the amp and an OD for solo boosts).

The music I play goes across the board, seriously, I play a lot of blues, jazz and fusion sort of stuff, as well as rock, "shred", pop and occasionally metal. In the band that I'm in, it's sort of alt-rock sorta stuff (as of now we're covering RHCP, Muse, Nirvana, Radiohead and Sublime songs).

My budget is roughly £500. But probably more like £400-£450, I'm having £500 at my absolute max limit (which is annoying cos there are some quite nice amps in the £600 sorta range).

I'm looking preferably for a combo, unless there's a nice head which is under my budget and allows the cost of a cheap cab too. Definitely want a valve amp, my playing style doesn't get on with solid states, also roughtly looking at around the 30 watt sorta level.

It would also be preferable if it was an amp that wasn't too big, like, easy to fit into a small car to travel for gigs and practice and easy for a stringy armed person like me to carry around!

I've looked into the Laney VC30 (used of course, how they cost £500+ new now I have no idea), the Cornford Roadhouse 30 (so expensive though, but if I could afford it, I'd definitely go for this) and a few Fender amps (used) at 40 watts being a bit over spec.

But I just can't decide and as I don't know the best amps to look at or the best places to go for value for money, I thought I'd turn to you guys of GG&A.

Cheers.
I see a Marshall JVM410c on ebay.co.uk right now for 450 pounds. Jump on it as soon as you can, if possible. I also see a JVM205 head for 350, which leaves you 150 for a Harley Benton cab with Vintage 30s.

Alternatively, you could go for a new VHT Lead 20, Blackstar HT20, or a Marshall MA50.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
WtrPlyr, I'm lead to believe that the Peavey Classic 30 (and 50, but I'm thinking 50 is overkill) is a Marshall-y amp? I'm not really looking for a Marshall sound, like in terms of that "classic" Marshall sound.

ibz bucket, while a JVM would be preferable to any other Marshall to me, any deals going on Ebay right now aren't of too much help! Also I believe the JVM is 50 or 100 watts? Which is too much :-/

On the other suggestions, I hear good things about VHT, can't find any clips of the lead 20 though.
Where Blackstar haven't impressed me, but I really need to try them.
But my main problem is would 20 watts be enough?
15 watts is only just enough for gigs and stuff, 30 watts is as much as I'd need but would 20 watts run me a bit short?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
ibz bucket, while a JVM would be preferable to any other Marshall to me, any deals going on Ebay right now aren't of too much help! Also I believe the JVM is 50 or 100 watts? Which is too much :-/

On the other suggestions, I hear good things about VHT, can't find any clips of the lead 20 though.
Where Blackstar haven't impressed me, but I really need to try them.
But my main problem is would 20 watts be enough?
15 watts is only just enough for gigs and stuff, 30 watts is as much as I'd need but would 20 watts run me a bit short?

The JVM205 is 50 Watts, 2 Channels. The JVM410 is 100 Watts, 4 Channels. They both have master volume controls, and both sound absolutely great at bedroom levels. You have nothing to worry about.

With 20 Watts, you'll be fine getting over a drummer, but your cleans might have a bit of hair on them.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by Punk_Ninja

No, you hear good things about Fryette.

Also, the difference between 30 and 50 watts, volume wise, is negligible.
the lead 20 is not an original vht amp. It's part of the new vht (axl) lineup.

Stephen Fryette who used to own the trademark makes amps under the fryette brand name now.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by Tedward
No, you hear good things about Fryette.

While this is true, VHT Amps today are still good amps, and worth checking out.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
While this is true, VHT Amps today are still good amps, and worth checking out.

True. I`ve heard good things about the Special 6, I particularly like the insides: