Okay guys I'm looking to construct a cable to plug my guitar into my iPhone, because the PRS one seems a little over priced.

Now the way I was going to go about it was to steal the input jack from a set of iPhone headphones (the ones with the mic) because I worked out that for a sound input to the phone you need the 3rd ring on the input jack.

Now my question is, what else will I need I thought maybe a stereo jack? Then wire that straight to the headphone jack?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

iphone head phones with the mic are meant for input AND output.
you wouldnt need output (unless you wanted to use the headphones at the same time).
so really you just need a normal mini jack thing.

however, i do believe you can buy adapters. i used to have one to plug into my computer mic port.

http://www.madmanaudio.com/images/Hosa%20Mono%201%204%20(F)%20-%20Mono%20Mini%20(M)%20Adapter%20Jack.jpg

wouldnt that work the same?
an AUX cable? but i dunno if it would work.
do you mean to use with like irig?
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
You will need 4 things

A film canister
A 1/4" mono jack
An 1/8" stereo jack
And a headphone with the mic output cable

Mount the last three things inside the film canister and wire the guitar plug to the mic. wire on the output cable. And wire the headphones to the the headphones wires on the output. Ill do a more detailed tutorial later i already did this.
Quote by lil PopTart kid
You will need 4 things

A film canister
A 1/4" mono jack
An 1/8" stereo jack
And a headphone with the mic output cable

Mount the last three things inside the film canister and wire the guitar plug to the mic. wire on the output cable. And wire the headphones to the the headphones wires on the output. Ill do a more detailed tutorial later i already did this.

LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Pac_man0123
Peavey is releasing one for $40 that has a software that goes on the iphone so you can choose different amps, pedals, cabinets, and even the cab's mic placement simulation.

Yeah there is already one out.

Its called amplitube and its free check it out here...
ikmultimedia.com

The way they make money is by selling you expansions to the app such as pedals and also by selling the adapter.
Last edited by lil PopTart kid at Jul 18, 2010,
Ok I am going to make the tutorial right now what should I name the thread?
Last edited by lil PopTart kid at Jul 18, 2010,