im using (trying to at least) use addictive drums in reaper. i have put the dll file in the plug ins and reaper reads it as a one. i am able to open it up in reaper and drag beats into a track. however they do not play. all of the midi data shows up on the track but no drum beat plays. is there a sound file not installed in the right directory? please help!
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
should be anything else you need. have you set up the midi to the correct map?

try this, open up the addictive drums window (opens anyway when you load the VST) and just click the play button. do you hear anything then?
nope, what do you mean MIDI maps?
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
well each midi note corresponds to a drum hit, so you cant just like stick things in random spots. so like 36 is a kick and 47 is a cowbell. it isnt the same mapping as in guitar pro, so importing GP midi drums doesnt exactly work. find the midi map here.

try creating a new blank project. add one new track and add AD as an effect to the track. then go to insert -> new midi item. add a hit of 36 to the grid. you should see both the red midi bar and the sound bars jump when you click on the grid. if that works, you are getting sound and just had the wrong note mapping. check that, and ill fiddle with it more to see if there are any other things you might need to setup.
tried it. i saws the skinny red bars go up and down but not the sound bar. im still getting no sound out of it?
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
Alright I have a feeling that you're putting midi items in the wrong track, IF you're inserting Addictive Drums as a 16 out.

If you do that, try just adding one track and putting Addictive Drums as an FX on that track, and then put your midi files on the same track.

If you already do this, then I probably can't help you

Quote by herby190
Check your volume settings; make sure your synth is up.

how do i get to that?
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
Double-click the speaker on the bottom right of your screen, on your toolbar.

Note: I'm still in the process of getting software to do this kind of thing; I'm basing this advice off of my experience with Guitar Pro.
try arming the track. dont think it should make a difference, but worth a shot. sometimes it seems to help with AD when i have issues with it

Quote by herby190
Double-click the speaker on the bottom right of your screen, on your toolbar.

Note: I'm still in the process of getting software to do this kind of thing; I'm basing this advice off of my experience with Guitar Pro.

upper right corner of reaper is where you should be setting that kind of thing in reaper. well, clicking there will bring you to a menu that has a lot of stuff, including the ones to set up for the correct sound source. your soundcard may have its own control panel for setting levels as well.
ok but i dont get any volume even when i just add a new midi item and add some notes with the keyboard grid?
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan