I'm sure this is gonna seem like a really stupid question to experienced players but I can't figure this out. I'm just learning how to play(online) and, even though I can play chords properly, I'm not entirely sure how to play a song I have the chords for. Here's an example;

G
Silent night, holy night
D G
All is calm, all is bright
C G
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
C G
Holy Infant so tender and mild
D G Em7
Sleep in heavenly peace
G D7 G
Sleep in heavenly peace

It's like I'm not sure when to strike the chords, how many times, etc. Sorry if this is supposed to be obvious but im lost

Thx in advance!

P.S. In the preview post it doesn't show the chord letters in the right places above the words(I think it cuts out spaces or something) so I've posted the link as well.

http://www.guitarnoise.com/lesson/silent-night/
You strum the chord G in between the words "calm" and "all"
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Usually the chord charts like that have them located at the right place, but when they aren't you have a couple options:
If you can, listen to the song and figure out the timing yourself but if that's not a viable option, just go with your ear.

For the thing you posted, you know what chords go to each line so that makes it easier. Listen and trust your ear.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
I'll try messing around with strumming and the chords...

Looks like henkka_potku was onto something with this song though.

Thx all!