Hi

So i'm almost getting paid from my 4 hour job, and I'm "wasting" all of it as usual in guitar gear

So i'm getting a phaser and a chorus. Nothing amazing with tons of settings.. i hate pedals like that.

So i'm leaning into, Small Clone Chorus from EHX.
And the MXR Phase 90.

Thing is... i heard that the phase 90 has a volume drop... and I know cheap isn't in anyway connected to "best".
I had that experience with the memory toy from EHX, it has a huge volume boost when engaged, making it unusable live. So i'm gonna get the Carbon Copy has my main analog delay.

Now i don't wanna fall into the same mistakes, and buying cheap and getting faulty gear.

I guess the Small Clone Chorus is alright right? It's cheap, but it doesn't have any faulty volume raises or drops.

But i'm scared about the MXR Phase90... so many people use it, it can't be faulty right? So am i safe buying it?
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
I can highly recommend the small clone chorus, no volume drops or raises, two controls, a depth switch and a rate knob, simple and sounds great
I would recommend the phase 90. I own one and I love it! I find that there is a slight volume increase when it is turned on but nothing substantial. It's built solid and simple to use, definitely worth the money!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
ok cool, i'll buy both then
thank you

i just don't understant how a high rated company like Electro Harmonix sells faulty stuff, and dont fix it...

the memory toy was a huge disapointment...
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Quote by Teque86
ok cool, i'll buy both then
thank you

i just don't understant how a high rated company like Electro Harmonix sells faulty stuff, and dont fix it...

the memory toy was a huge disapointment...

well i have never heard any problems myself og EHX gear but I can assure you that the Small Clone is a gem

Have fun with your new pedals...
oh... theres many let's say "errors" with EHX stuff.. lots.. you just have to search, the nano series are really the chepeast practise gear, but they are full of "errors"

i'm buying the carbon copy, small clone chorus, phase 90.

i'm my board is done.
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Buying a Carbon Copy? Good Man! I have one and I love it, but many on this board do not.
And you'll probably be hearing from at least a few of them very soon! lol

As for the Small Clone, I also think it's a great pedal. I'm waiting for EHX to release an XO version of the Small Clone & the Deluxe Electric Mistress. Are you reading this, EHX?

-Major Bludd
If i were you i rather get a Behringer VP1 than a MXR Phase 90 *STOCK*.

If you want a MXR go for a 74 Vintage with or without led. Way better than a modern PH90
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
Quote by Major Bludd
As for the Small Clone, I also think it's a great pedal. I'm waiting for EHX to release an XO version of the Small Clone & the Deluxe Electric Mistress. Are you reading this, EHX?

-Major Bludd

Something like this?

Interesting,

This is the Nano Clone, right? Or a new model entirely? I has a dumb...
Last edited by Major Bludd at Jul 18, 2010,
Well, it says Neo Clone, so I don't think it's a Nano Clone, do you
No they're something different. As I understand it, the Neo Clone is very faithful to the original Small Clone design but just in a smaller package. Sounds very nice from what I heard of it (YouTube). The Nano Clone is, well, the Nano, you probably know about it Not so very good.
Me Likey,

Now where's that XO Version of the Deluxe Electric Mistress I was on about?
So i talked for hours with my friend he is a 60 year old guitar blues player been playing guitar all his life.

And I alsot talked for hours with people on my guitar shop.

Small Clone EHX -> It's flawless, perfect, everyone agrees. No need to discuss about Chorus effect anymore, cause I already got it and I will not change it.

Thing is:

Small Stone EHX -> Good slow phasing, Volume Drop, Not good if you want a more pronounced phaser, good if you want a subtile effect.

Phase 90 MXR -> Strong phaser, not subtile. Volume drop/raise, Treble Boost.

This is what i acknowledged from all the input people been given me.

So cause I wanted a subtile phaser, but a strong one too sometimes, so they advised to get the Nano Small Stone, cause there's no volume drop/raise, it's a subtile phaser with the colour switch down, and pronounced with the colour on.

I got home just 2 hours ago, plugged it all in, and...

IT DOENS'T WORK

Haha, sad but true.
Here's what I've seen so far:

With the battery the red led turns on when I turn on the pedal.
With my 1spot&Boss PSA the led doesn't turn on.

I unscrewed the 4 screws behind the pedal, and when I was touching the battery device, sometimes i could hear the phase effect when i struck a note, and then it went off, so there's a malfunction in there...

I'm gonna take it to the guitar shop tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I should ask for an advice or a simple fix...

But here's my 2 cents with EHX...

First memory toy NANO TOO (Huge volume increase, makes it unusable)
Second small stone NANO (doesn't work out of the box, new cables, old cables, new battery, old battery, BOSS PSA adaptor, nothing)

MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Quote by Teque86
So i talked for hours with my friend he is a 60 year old guitar blues player been playing guitar all his life.

And I alsot talked for hours with people on my guitar shop.

Small Clone EHX -> It's flawless, perfect, everyone agrees. No need to discuss about Chorus effect anymore, cause I already got it and I will not change it.

Thing is:

Small Stone EHX -> Good slow phasing, Volume Drop, Not good if you want a more pronounced phaser, good if you want a subtile effect.

Phase 90 MXR -> Strong phaser, not subtile. Volume drop/raise, Treble Boost.

This is what i acknowledged from all the input people been given me.

So cause I wanted a subtile phaser, but a strong one too sometimes, so they advised to get the Nano Small Stone, cause there's no volume drop/raise, it's a subtile phaser with the colour switch down, and pronounced with the colour on.

I got home just 2 hours ago, plugged it all in, and...

IT DOENS'T WORK

Haha, sad but true.
Here's what I've seen so far:

With the battery the red led turns on when I turn on the pedal.
With my 1spot&Boss PSA the led doesn't turn on.

I unscrewed the 4 screws behind the pedal, and when I was touching the battery device, sometimes i could hear the phase effect when i struck a note, and then it went off, so there's a malfunction in there...

I'm gonna take it to the guitar shop tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I should ask for an advice or a simple fix...

But here's my 2 cents with EHX...

First memory toy NANO TOO (Huge volume increase, makes it unusable)
Second small stone NANO (doesn't work out of the box, new cables, old cables, new battery, old battery, BOSS PSA adaptor, nothing)

If it's brand new just take back to were you got and they should replace it for free.
brand new man, i'll go there tomorrow
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD