The xl comes with el34 instead of 333 with the 6l6. Xl is almost an exact clone of the peavey jsx. And the xl gives you presence and reverb I think
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by ishmonkey
The xl comes with el34 instead of 333 with the 6l6. Xl is almost an exact clone of the peavey jsx. And the xl gives you presence and reverb I think

hmm.. is there a huge gain difference between the two? because i know the 333 is cheaper and i could it it sooner then the XL but witch do u say i should go for?
333XL is a JSX clone, 333 is a XXX clone.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
If what the guy above says is right then get the 333xl cuz I definitely like the jsx more than the xxx. And the 333xl will have plenty of gain But I don't know which has moreThough. I'm definitely more of a peavey man though.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
i have a 333 and i bought because it indeed was cheaper and i was able to try it out...

the tubes that both amps come with *333xl coming with el34s and 333 coming with 6l6s* are interchangable... so potentially a 333xl can have 6l6s and a 333 can have el34s.

the xl has a "xl" button which is a fat switch that basically does as it suggests... it also has presence

both amps have reverb

i highly suggest purchasing either amp as they are good tube amps and priced fairly low, I wouldn't say they're exactly copies of the xxx and jsx... but they are almost half the price, durable, and they both have an fx loop for delay pedals and such...
Guitars:
1991 Fender American Stratocaster
2008 Dean Ml '79

Amps:
Egnater Tweaker
Fender G-DEC 15

Pedals:
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop 535Q Chrome Series Wah
MXR Dyna Comp
Ibanez TS-808
I might be totally wrong but I think the XL has a noise gate too? Or is that both amps?
Anyway I'd recommend the 333XL.
Quote by Arterial
I might be totally wrong but I think the XL has a noise gate too? Or is that both amps?
Anyway I'd recommend the 333XL.

The 333 has the "noisegate" (it's not a real noisegate) set at a fixed level (if the XXX is anything to go by).
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

You can't go wrong with either - they both catch fire equally well.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I have the 333xl and i think the presence knob is so important. The reverb's also nice!

I also put 6l6s in mine

And I agree with the above, the noisegate is useless.

Get the Xl
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
aha the thing is the 333 is 150$ cheap witch means 2 months less maybe if that. im not sure a noisegate is worth it and the presence does what? im not sure.
The noisegate is definitely not worth it.

But the XL switch which adds bottom end, the reverb AND the presence knob is.

Presence adds more high frequency which tightens the sound. I turn it up to help shape muddiness with the distortion sound.
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Quote by henza_x
The noisegate is definitely not worth it.

But the XL switch which adds bottom end, the reverb AND the presence knob is.

Presence adds more high frequency which tightens the sound. I turn it up to help shape muddiness with the distortion sound.

is it worth the 150$ ? money for a (is not) 10th grader in a place with NO jobs is hard to come by. saddly.. but i will be going and trying the amps sometime this week
Quote by bubb_tubbs

My thoughts exactly. Bugera haha.

Unless you really prefer the JSX sound just get a used XXX, they're cheap, sound great, made in the USA and they're a lot harder to catch on fire.
SOOOO! i got to play the two at Sam ash D and the XL was better for me. and the guys working me a deal for 2 cabs and the XL for 1 grand
Go with the XL, great amp and sounds awesome, great cleans too. Don't listen to the haters either, most problems have now been fixed, and the new ones will break down about as often as any other amp out there today, as I have seen many other amps break down, as it is just a fact of life, sometimes amps break down. hell, I've seen tons of threads about the new 6505 combo haveing tons of issues on their first runs.
Quote by Darkdevil1584
SOOOO! i got to play the two at Sam ash D and the XL was better for me. and the guys working me a deal for 2 cabs and the XL for 1 grand

2 cabs?

Mate you only need one 412, help even a 212 would be enough..

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
2 cabs?

This really...Also, what cabs were they?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by bubb_tubbs

This is absolutely correct. They both will never catch fire.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Tom 1.0
2 cabs?

im getting 2 for different reasons aha. one for home. other to jam with drummer and gigging. (charge people to use it also aha) but that break down thing is probly fixed by now for my guess -.- and im sure all amps break down and didnt start off the best such as the other man said! aha

BUT i need to pull in 400$ and everything else i dont need to pay for. any tips on money?
Just Recived My 333 Today Its a preatty cool amp but the Lead channel doesen´t have that much Gain :S ( Don´t Get me worng it has plenty of Gain But Not that Bone Crushing Gain (is this normal ? ) and the gain on that particular channel doesen´t seem to change much from 4 to 10 ) maybe I have to bias it and make the tubes run hotter ??? what do you guys think ?
Last edited by Ruben O. at Aug 10, 2010,
the "noise gate" has made a huge fuzz about its self because it was labelled wrong.
Its really a noise "filter", not a gate. When you turn it on, dont wait for a miracle to happen. Its just a little extra in there to filter some of that fuzz out.