Hi, im opening this thread cause a have found that Seymour Duncan humbuckers for guitar are really noisy in comparison with other high end brands such as Dimarzio, in particular i have an SH-1 and SH-6 in my guitar that have some terrible hum to them... the guitar has great shielding job and everything is well grounded but still i cant get rid of that ridiculus noise. Does anyone have experienced that with Seymour Duncan humbuckers ?
my JB/Jazz set seemed fine.

Are you sure it's not pedals or power source?
i can't say I've noticed much difference.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tedward
my JB/Jazz set seemed fine.

Are you sure it's not pedals or power source?

Im straight into a Line 6 Spider 75 IV amp, my power source is lightly grounded.
Last edited by TheStratGod at Jul 18, 2010,

i mean it could be a variety of things... dodgy grounding in your guitar, dodgy power supply, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

i mean it could be a variety of things... dodgy grounding in your guitar, dodgy power supply, etc.

Ohh sorry man i was trying to quote someone else and i got wrong, i have just edited the post
Quote by insatanity
the noise is not due to the pickups. get a noise gate pedal.

I have a noise gate integrated in my Line 6 amp, the guitar dosent get a lot of hum when i use the gate but i was doing a test run on all my guitars without the noise gate and those seymour duncans were the most noisy, the noise stills cut a bit thru the gate.

Of cource this only happens when i use heavy distortion...
Quote by TheStratGod
Ohh sorry man i was trying to quote someone else and i got wrong, i have just edited the post

haha, no worries
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have never noticed any more noise from SD pups than anything else. I still have an old Seymour Duncan I bought in about 1981/2 and it's as good as the day I bought it - I pretty much wore out the neck on the guitar it was in in the meantime. Sure it isn't as quiet as my EMG humbucker but what is?
Check the earth in you guitar. A general rule of thumb borne out by experience says "always look for dodgey earths first if you have any noise".
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, I also have JB/Jazz Duncans, they're not noisy, atleast no more than any other humbuckers that I've ever used.

Ofcourse you're going to get some noise when you use heavy distortion!
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
your using a high gain setting on a line 6, thats the problem they fizz like mad, and the built in noise gates are shit, id look into either a new amp or a noise gate pedal.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!