Hi there,

Here some useful tips before recording. I know most people is enthusiast when it comes to recording their music. However, to achieve a good sound we should follow some rules. For example, how much you know about the recording room?
Here is a good article that talks about recording rooms.

Home recording studio setup - Learning about recording rooms

Hope you find it useful. It might be not complete but helps to give you an idea.

Please leave your thoughts.
This is pretty cool, I've been meaning to get find something to help me recording. Some little things I just can't pick up on my own. Thanks, I'll have a read.#

Edit: After reading I'm thinking: It's pretty short and its all kind of obvious stuff. Plus the grammar isn't really that good in places and that kind of makes it annoying to read. If it's incomplete though I guess it could get better
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at Jul 18, 2010,
"Personally, I found very frustrating"

Here's an example. I won't go through the whole thing out of sheer laziness.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I hate articles like this. I know it was posted with good intentions, but really it's only useful for people who already have recording know-how, not to mention a lot of extra cash to burn.

No, you're not going to get studio quality recordings at home without spending a huge amount of money, but you can get damned close.

Personally I'd recommend the book Guerilla Home Recording by Karl Coryat. It takes a fairly realistic approach to recording at home, without requiring you to worry about (or pay for) things like room acoustics or soundproofing.