I need power tools. What are some of the best ones?
Are dremels appropriate? i'm looking to build some cabs, head cabs things like that.

also what's the best most useful screw driver for guitar work?

Thanks guys!

edit: can be solid state. doesn't have to be tube.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
imo a dremel with the right attachments is one of the most useful tools to do anything guitar related
but with enough creativity you could do all that with a power drill, a saw and some clamps
also need the norm wood glue i recomend locktite,screws etc.
and a router if your going to be building guitars saves alot of frustration
Last edited by supersac at Jul 18, 2010,
For body work on guitars you want a router. Screwdrivers, just get a Philips and a normal one, should cover most of what you need. A sander is good for finishing, a circular saw if you're cutting plywood for those cabs. Soldering iron if you're gonna wire anything. A jigsaw can be good for cutting out bodies or holes for speakers in a cab.

EDIT: A drill/screw gun should help too, unless you wanna nail your cab together. Screws hold better though.
Last edited by sglover34479 at Jul 18, 2010,
For guitars, the most essential tools are routers with a bunch of different bits, a drill press, a bandsaw, and a whole HELL of a lot of sandpaper.

Cabs? Ehm... table saw, shaping table, router, screws, drill, screwdrivers, etc.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
can a dremel double as a screw driver?

im sure theres an attachment for it but i prefer having both