Hello!
I'm thinking about selling my epi and buying that washburn with emg 81/85. Is it a good idea? Price is very similar. It will be step forward or just the same class guitar? I'm asking because i can't try it out myself. Thinner neck can help me with solos speed and tapping or it's just a myth? I play for about 4 years, heavy/thrash metal mostly. Right now got flextone3. I wanted ltd ec-1000 but it cost 2 times more that i can afford. So give me some opinions please. Cheers!
Last edited by dave122 at Jul 18, 2010,
Going by the specs and general opinion on the X50PRO is that it's a very good guitar for the money but you should definitely try one out before buying it.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I'd hang on to the Epiphone LP and try to save up for the X50 Pro. Having two guitars is always nice. It doesn't hurt anything

I had to sell stuff on craigslist and do some work for my brother for my new guitar coming in the mail.

I like the thought of having a 2nd guitar.
for the stuff you're playing, i'd say yeah. assuming it's the same guitar as the one with duncans, apart from the emgs (i've only tried the duncan one).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the Pro FE, wish I could have the PRO with the same finish as the FE, as the EMG's don't sound too excellent through the SS I use.

I'd definitely say change guitar if thats what you play. It's extremely nice and I prefer it over Jacksons and Ibanez's personally.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka