Who agrees? Half the time they are wrong/suck bad and really are just lame. The neck is all in order learn the notes. A A#/B Bm C C# D D# E F F# G G#.

Plot out the neck first fret to last

0E} 1F 2F# 3G 4G# 5A 6A# 7Bm 8C 9C# 10D 11D# 12E Repeat.
0B}1C 2C# 3D 4D# 5E 6F 7F# 8 G 9 G# 10 A 11A# 12 B Repeat.
0G} 1G# 2A 3A# 4Bm 5C 6C# 7D 8D# 9E 10 F 11F# 12G Repeat.
0D} 1D# 2E 3F 4F# 5G 6G# 7A 8A# 9B 10C 11C# 12D Repeat.
0A} 1A# 2B 3C 4C# 5D 6D# 7E 8F 9F# 10G 11G# 12A Repeat.
0E} 1F 2F# 3G 4G# 5A 6A# 7Bm 8C 9C# 10D 11D# 12E Repeat.
what does this have to do with anything...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Knowing your fretboard relates in no way to tab reading. Reading tabs is just quicker and easier than having to sit and work out the song by yourself. Sure alot of tabs can be inaccurate in places but assuming you have even a basic knowlege of your notes and a semi decent ear you can easily tell the bits that are off and figure out what it should be.
I don't get your point at all.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
completely agreed. ^
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Tabs kept me going while I was developing my ear. Now I can rely on my ear more, but still use tabs from time to time. I don't know if you are trying to promote sheet music or if you are just ignorant...
I have to agree, sometimes tabs are incorrect, but its a good starting point if you want to learn a song.
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
yeah agreed. Tabs are just better. Even the wrong ones help you learn cause you can tell that they are wrong and look for something more suitable in a spot or on the whole. Its as good a starting spot as any when you want to learn a song. i find chord layouts annoying because if the creator doesnt specify certain things it can be a pain to figure out. Sometimes it will say "G" for instance but not specify if its a picking progrression, power/ open/ barre chords, etc... and this is a most basic example. learnign sheet music would take me years, and i learned from tabs (on my own, i never took a lesson) in a realitivly short period. I dont think i would be playing guitar right now if it wasnt for tabs. Thanks Tabs and thanks UG!!!