So the nut broke on my Strat copy and I rigged it up with the neck from my Jag-Stang, which is basically a Mustang neck. The intonation is off after the 12th, but I only spent about an hour and a half on it. Anyone else tried this?
Once fixed a toilet with an old trombone...
Last edited by ndrummerc at Jul 19, 2010,
Uh.... mustangs are a smaller scale then strats, so you will never get the intonation right no matter how much you try. The distance from the nut to the 12 fret and the 12 fret to the bridge will always be different.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Quote by FendermanOC
Uh.... mustangs are a smaller scale then strats, so you will never get the intonation right no matter how much you try. The distance from the nut to the 12 fret and the 12 fret to the bridge will always be different.

this.

the necks are just not compatible..
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Ofcourse if it's a hardtail you should be able to correct for stuff if you want to lose your bridge pickup and move the bridge forwards about 3/4".
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Were you really to cheap to spend like >$5 for a new nut?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I mean I know they are cheap, and I kinda guessed that the scales didn't quite match. I'm not that cheap, I just wanted to try it out. I guess I'll just pop in a new nut.

Until then, I get to joke about literally busting a nut and it messing up my neck.
Once fixed a toilet with an old trombone...
The distance from the nut to the 12 fret and the 12 fret to the bridge will always be different.