I found this on Craigslist and have offered the guy I great deal. I am aware that I am giving him a better deal than I am necessarily getting, but the stuff I am giving up I never use except for my ESP M-II, which I love. As you guys know, this guitar is quite rare. However this particular model has a few problems: the body has a few dents and dings. What I am worried about is what he described as a 1/4 inch surface crack behind the nut. Apparently this is a problem with most jems. Anyway, the owner says he got the guitar that way many years ago and it has not gotten bigger. Should I be worried about this or even proceed to trade him?

Here is the link:
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/msg/1838303352.html

here is a link to the crack and other pics of the guitar
http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad279/shredmack/?action=view&current=ibanezcrack.jpg&newest=1
What exactly are you trading for this guitar ? I can tell you that this jem is one fine instrument, I´m still considering getting one of these myself if my boss will give one of them up.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
duplicate thread reported

well could you not have answered in the other thread, without me having to duplicate the threads. I mean come on
Quote by sstony
What exactly are you trading for this guitar ? I can tell you that this jem is one fine instrument, I´m still considering getting one of these myself if my boss will give one of them up.

A Marshall JCM 900, ESP M-II, and a Sonic Stomp. Do you think that crack is a big deal?
The crack I dont think you should be worried about, its just on the surface from what I can see.

And make sure its real, there are a lot of Jem fakes out there. I couldn't tell you how to find out if its real or not, but Im sure alot of people here can
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
i posted in that thread where there`s 13 responses(yes i`m breaking the rules by posting after a report mods - sorry
Quote by yngwie ripoff
A Marshall JCM 900, ESP M-II, and a Sonic Stomp. Do you think that crack is a big deal?

Well that crack is where the top lock assembly is screwed into place, I would ask for a picture in the area where the top lock is after the top lock is removed to make sure it´s not any worse then it is.
The crack might not be a big deal but i feel that in trading a high end ESP and a JCM900 you're giving up too much for a piece of equipment that may have a damaged neck.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab