how should you properly mix speakers? should you pick ones with 2 different sounds to blend things? for example, in this video they compare a k100 to a texas heat, and then show both together for a blended sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9OYy24tm-o

should that be done rather than getting 2 of the same speaker?

i actually have an opp to get a cab with a k100, and because people say it handles bass well but gives a scooped mid "metal" sound i fear it will be different. however, im wondering if that will give good bass tightness and treble punch and the other speaker can make up for the mids????
ouch that second speaker sounded pretty bad and then mixing them was awful.

well i assume if you want to mix two different speakers they probably should have the same wattage/ power rating
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
ouch that second speaker sounded pretty bad and then mixing them was awful.

well i assume if you want to mix two different speakers they probably should have the same wattage/ power rating

I didn't really like either. The first was all bass, no highs at all. The second was way too high on the mids and highs with no bass. But I agree completely that together they sounded aweful.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
well k100s are pretty wlle known speakers. again they are popular with metal players becuase they actually have a tighter bass responce and scooped mids. kerry king im pretty sure uses all k100s.

im not a fan of the first one.

but again thats just an example for mixing speakers. im just asking for comments/knowledge
that video is poor example in combining sounds IMO. The Eminence Texas Heat is an American Voiced speaker as to the K100 more of a British voiced speaker, which IMO should not be mixed. A good success story on mixing two different speakers would be the Texas Heat and Swamp Thangs ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S13HkTmCAY )
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by ikey_
again they are popular with metal players becuase they actually have a tighter bass responce and scooped mids. kerry king im pretty sure uses all k100s.

Quote by ikey_
they actually have a tighter bass responce and scooped mids.

Quote by ikey_
scooped mids.

This explains why it sounded aweful to me
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58