Does anyone know of a Gibson Flying V model with 24 frets (not including the Jeff Waters Annihilation V) and if it's buyable?
Last edited by JamesK1976 at Jul 18, 2010,
As far as i'm aware they don't normally make them because the reduced scale on the V's make's it a pain to fit 24 frets and the conventional 2 humbucker set up.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Dear God, that's hideous.

Haha, I was looking for something a bit more normal really. The V90 is perfect but I can't find anywhere to buy it.
You could look at the Schecter Hellraiser V-1.

It's the closest V I know of that looks like Gibson with 24 frets.

If you're looking for 24 frets, or a standard scale length, I wouldn't ever look to Gibson. They completely fail in those aspects.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ChucklesMginty

Dear God, you're right.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Offworld92
If you're looking for 24 frets, or a standard scale length, I wouldn't ever look to Gibson. They completely fail in those aspects.

Gibson-scaled guitars are easier to play leads on, that little difference between a Fender scale (Standard Scale) and a Gibson makes a difference. And Gibson did make standard scale instruments, check out the link in my sig about ugly Gibsons.

Also it's hard to redesign a guitar to have 24 frets as most instruments don't have the room for such a thing without having a ridiculously long neck
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Gibson-scaled guitars are easier to play leads on, that little difference between a Fender scale (Standard Scale) and a Gibson makes a difference. And Gibson did make standard scale instruments, check out the link in my sig about ugly Gibsons.

That's subjective. I play leads best on 25.5" scales. I play horribly/can't play on 24.75" scales.

I know it makes a difference. For me, it's a ridiculously apparent difference.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
By the way, why isn't the OP inerested in the Jeff Waters V ? Because of the look ? Signature model ? Or just because it's an epiphone ?

I'm just curious since it looks like a pretty good axe to me...
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Oh, my bad then !
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I remember a friend of mine had a Gibson Flying V90. IMHO it was a pretty cool guitar. Try checking eBay. I heard they pop up there from time to time.

Jeff Waters' epiphone is nice. But it only has one volume and a killswitch(?).
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I would fill in the holes with bits of mahogany in the holy v and refinish it whatever color.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by ChucklesMginty

I hate to agree with this on a V that isn't made by ES guitars(not ESP, these guys are some, like, death metal brand with an intense ego who makes BC Rich Zombies and Beasts look like Les Pauls with their totally illogical, painful-looking guitars...and this is coming from someone who LOVES pointy guitars), but...that is sorta ugly. But...for Gibsons? I don't think there's any more. Schecter makes some very nice Flying Vs(also coming from someone who hates Superstrats, which seems to be 80% of what Schecter makes), and I'd say at least some have 24 frets, if you don't mind looking at them.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.