Anyone? 4 strings please, not upright, just acoustic. And relatively cheap, I want to be able to take it with me, when I go camping or stuff, like people do with acoustic guitars.
Worth looking at the Bass of the Month feature - Anarkee got a bass ukelele which both looks far more portable, and really just as effective as an acoustic bass. My experience with the latter is that they're still not loud enough to really compete with acoustic guitars, and they're a nightmare to transport due to their size.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334261
You should consider the practicality of an ABG. While I'm not out to discourage you from getting one, you have to realize 1) the cheap ones are generally not very good, and 2) the volume unplugged is rather low (there are higher-priced exceptions) and it will be difficult if you are competing with other instruments.

That being said, I'd avoid the cheap Ibanez and Dean AGB's, you'd be better off looking for a used Olympia (ask obeythepenguin about his) or maybe a Kala U Bass if that's your cup of tea.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
You should consider the practicality of an ABG. While I'm not out to discourage you from getting one, you have to realize 1) the cheap ones are generally not very good, and 2) the volume unplugged is rather low (there are higher-priced exceptions) and it will be difficult if you are competing with other instruments.

That being said, I'd avoid the cheap Ibanez and Dean AGB's, you'd be better off looking for a used Olympia (ask obeythepenguin about his) or maybe a Kala U Bass if that's your cup of tea.
Good advice.

I have a Michael Kelly Dragonfly fretless and I must say it's sexy as hell.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Used Takamine EG512C.
I imagine the newer model, EGB2S is good too, but I prefer the pinless, string through bridge of the 512. The reviews at Harmony Central speak well of the Takamine ES100, not the ES50, and there's one for $102.00 on the bay.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=takamine+bass&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Best to play a few to gat an idea of their limitations. I get the feeling false expectations are the reasons a lot of people are turned off to ABG's. Also keep in mind, along with a jumbo size body, high action and an aggressive pizz technique is key to producing acoustic volume.