Hey, I'm using a Fender Frontman 15r and a Epiphone SG Special.
With this setup I had been having trouble getting my desired tone, I want to get a tone suitable for 80's metal and classic rock, for metal I mean Metallica,Dio etc.

So I went with a cheap alternative the Danelectro Fab Metal, Im sure if I wanted a modern metal sound it would be great but I am having a hard time getting my desired tone. I found out this pedal wasnt for me.

So my question for you guys is I am on a 140 dollar budget, What would be the best Distorion pedal for 80's Metal and the classic rock tone ?

I am also using my amp on the clean channel

Thanks
i have a zoom multieffects one, g10x i think its called, its pretty versatile and cost less than 100, its not amazing tonewise but it gets the job done.
None of the above.

Overdriven tubes =
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

new amp. you don't wanna hear that but it's true. nothing will get you that tone except a solid decent foundation...which you can't really get with a SS 15 watt amp. maybe if the amp were higher in wattage it'd be worth it, but those smaller speakers just sound nasty.

you're better off either going with a good modelling amp like the Vypyr or AD30VT, or saving for a good mid/high gain valve amp...but either way is gonna cost you a couple hundred or more. skimp on the amp, and you're skimping on a solid foundation on which tone is built.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Boss mt-2 would be able to get you the heavy distortion you're looking for. Not sure about the classic rock tone, tho. I'm not sure if a single dist. pedal is versatile enough to get you both. Having a Fender will help you out a lot. You'd probably need to pre-program two distinct settings, combining the settings on the pedal and your arm.. your best bet would be a multi-effects pedal, but with your price range I'd say the mt-2 is your best bet, unless you want to go with some sort of overdrive.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
DS-1 sucks, don't buy it.
MT-2 sucks, don't buy it.

Quote by slash_rocks2005
new amp. you don't wanna hear that but it's true. nothing will get you that tone except a solid decent foundation...which you can't really get with a SS 15 watt amp. maybe if the amp were higher in wattage it'd be worth it, but those smaller speakers just sound nasty.

you're better off either going with a good modelling amp like the Vypyr or AD30VT, or saving for a good mid/high gain valve amp...but either way is gonna cost you a couple hundred or more. skimp on the amp, and you're skimping on a solid foundation on which tone is built.

+1 to this.

If the amp you use isn't good (and the Frontman isn't), pedals won't make it good, either.

The cheapest route probably is a modeller. A Vypyr 15 costs 100 bucks, a 30 twice as much. Both will do metal fine, but the 30's bigger speaker helps with the sound a bit.

If you can, keep saving money and look at the used market. Stuff like the Bugera V22 should be available in the near future around $200 used. It does classic rock on it's own and will do metal with a boost.
A Peavey Classic 20 is also worth it; it's a bit rare but goes for around $200.
Digitech Hardwire TL-2
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
It might be a fuzz but Big Muff Pi gives a good classic rock sound. Not too metal though...
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Quote by Damaging_Excess
Digitech Hardwire TL-2

+1. Run this through the clean channel and you’ll have all kinds of hard rock and metal distortion tones. And Guitar Center/MF just slashed prices on Digitech stuff.
The Digitech is awesome, and very underrated by some people. I run it through my ampeg reverberocket when not playing my peavey. This thing is METAL, however you can get some other great distorted sounds as well