My dream guitar is a Gibson SG. I love the sound, look, and feel of it.

But I also like the Les Paul..

Blaaaaah. I don't know.

Which one do you like more?
Les Paul
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Im more of a les paul man myself. I like the tone better, and the feel to me is just right
Les Paul hands down, 'course I'm a fairly big guy so I don't mind the wieght.
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
SG, love the crunchy tone and so comfortable to play with. Just feels right if you get me
If you're reading this, then chances are you're procrastinating too
SG's are lighter and more comfortable to play. I also find that they are "twangier"/treblier. Some SG's have neck dive but most don't. SG's come in double necks. SG's sometimes have bigsby's.

Les Pauls are heavier, more limited fret access usually, more sustain, fuller sound. Thicker necks usually. Burst paint jobs.

EDIT: I love les pauls and have never been able to be comfortable with SG's (or the sound of them). I'm only 13 so les pauls are heavy for me but a good strap and taking breaks eases up the weight...
Last edited by salgala2000 at Jul 18, 2010,
i prefer an LP, a black one, with gold hardware. but despite the very obvious weight issue i prefer the necks of a les paul to that of an SG because i find the SG necks just too fat. my hands just can't fret as comfortable as i'd like to.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Im a Les Paul fan.

SG's are too light.

i also like the shape and available paint jobs on les pauls.

I feel they are more elegant in looks thanks to the curvy shape as well as neck and body binding