I'm not sure what I'm calling this quite yet but the options are the memory remains or one last wish. Donno. I'll c4c and all that good junk. The better you crit mine the better i crit yours

He’s accepted his son for who he’s become
He said don’t dedicate your conscience to me
What you’ve done a thousand times before
I want you to feel again
The cut and nothing more

Scars are the cuts that never heal
The deepest are left unseen but you still feel
Over the years the pain has subsided
The wound has all but faded
At the end of the day, the memory remains

And one last wish
He wanted me to be a better man
To feel what he had to
Put myself into his shoes
A tenth of the pain I put him through

Scars are the cuts that never heal
The deepest are left unseen but you still feel
Over the years the pain has subsided
The wound has all but faded
At the end of the day, the memory remains

I can’t believe
Of all the years I’ve seen
It took a dying wish
To see what before I’ve missed
I found the way you worded some of the verses a bit confusing, but they still got the point across. For example :
"I want you to feel again, the cut and nothing more" - the song, to me, suggests that you want him to feel emotions again, but those particular lines make it seem like you only want him to feel physical pain, and not emotion. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and if that's the case, I'm sorry. =/
Other than that, I think it could use a bit of work concerning the flow, but otherwise, great job. It has a lot of potential. ^^
The idea behind this was great. I can clearly see what you're trying to get across, but some of the wording seems a bit off. It could be personal taste, but I enjoy reading the way people talk. I can't imagine anyone speaking this way, even if they are talking about something as important as a dying wish. Realness helps make a poem or song great, and one of the best ways to do it is to make it feel natural.