I love bands that have that blues sounding element but do it in a more modern way. Black Keys, White Stripes, Blackwater Fever, Ben Harper & Relentless 7 etc.. However, it doesn't seem like there are too many bands like that. Can anyone tell me some good blues rock bands that I don't already know about? Looking for bands that can do some real riffy groove type stuff but who also push the sound, or make it dirtier like the black keys do. Any suggestions?
Joe Bonamassa, if you haven't already heard of him.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Check Gov't Mule out. If they don't blow your bluesrock socks off; nothing will.
the Greenhornes. its with some of the guys in the raconteurs that aren't jack white.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
thanks, most of these I already knew but there are a few i need to check out
Joe Bonamassa
Gov't Mule
Derek Trucks Band
Doyle Bramhall II
John Mayer to an extent (Continuum, Try!, and Live at Los Angeles)
Radio Moscow
The Raconteurs
Also check out my bands songs in my profile for some of our own Blues Rock stuff.
Chris Duarte Group? Col. Bruce Hampton?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Check out Clutch. They're a bit heavier than most of the bands you listed, but they're definitely bluesy (their recent work more so than the rest) and they can groove like nobody's business.
Band of Skulls, they're a little more Garage Rock, but you might like them.
Just got back from a blues fest and was VERY impressed with Sammy Eubanks also Too Slim and the Taildraggers, both bands from the Pacific Northwest and were standouts.
Howard and The White Boys
Shane Pruitt Band
Jose Luis Pardo and the Mojo Workers
Big Gilson
Popa Chubby
The Steepwater Band
Alvin Youngblood Hart
Capt. Soularcat
Tishamingo
Back Door Slam
Devon Allman's Honeytribe
Geoff Achison
North Mississippi Allstars
Hill Country Revue
Joe Pitts
Marc Ford & The Neptune Blues Club
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
The Steepwater Band
Alvin Youngblood Hart
Capt. Soularcat
Tishamingo
Back Door Slam
Devon Allman's Honeytribe
Geoff Achison
North Mississippi Allstars
Hill Country Revue
Joe Pitts
Marc Ford & The Neptune Blues Club

I can vouch for the bolded selections. Definitely check those out.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Check out Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Also Blues and Lasers, which is basically the same band minus Grace, but a bit more blues oriented.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
Check out Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Also Blues and Lasers, which is basically the same band minus Grace, but a bit more blues oriented.

Grace Potter is maybe my favorite female vocalist I've ever heard.

I just wish her stuff was a little more bluesy sometimes. When she sings with Gov't Mule or is doing covers, she's spectacular.

Still, I saw Grace Potter and the Nocturnals in concert last month touring for their new CD, and it was a really great show. Good band.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Left Lane Cruiser are kind of blues-y - like the White Stripes turned up to 11.

I second that.

Also if you heard of Blackwater Fever you should have heard The Fumes by now but if not check out The Fumes.

Also Dead Weather are kindsa bluesy < up for speculation...but definitely a very forward-thinking modernist band with clear blues influences. Jack White on drums.

All the others were pretty much covered now. North Mississippi All-Stars are excellent.
Eric Sardinas
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Yeah I can speak for Gov't Mule, saw them two nights ago at the house of blues, Warren puts on a heck of a show. If that doesn't do it for you then perhaps Derek Trucks...
Raconteurs
Dead Weather
Greenhornes (all the same bass player BTW)
Them Crooked Vultures
David Wilcox

this is really the only modern stuff i listen to... check it out, hopefully you can dig it
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Quote by Stratman54
Joe Bonamassa
Gov't Mule
Derek Trucks Band
Doyle Bramhall II
John Mayer to an extent (Continuum, Try!, and Live at Los Angeles)
Radio Moscow
The Raconteurs
Also check out my bands songs in my profile for some of our own Blues Rock stuff.

checked out your stuff and it was well worth the time. keep at it for sure (comment left on your profile as well.)
Quote by quinn_1888
oli brown band

people actually like this kind of playing? **** me, i shat myself when the local newspaper called him a blues guitar prodigy. Sounds like he's missing the point to me
I am totally ready to lose my blues-cred here:

Paul Gilbert (And Jimi Kidd)'s Raw Blues Power album.
It might lean a bit more toward Rock 'n' Roll than blues, but if you ask me, it is a bitchin album.

Rocco Deluca (& The Burden)
Kind of an alt-blues-rock deal - I know that is a terrible description, think like Jeff Buckley and Dan Auerbach had a kid.

Beck has a few blues song, but if you are like pretty much everyone I have ever met you don't like Beck.

The Gun Club are kind of modern 80s and kind of blues. If you're a Jack White fan, he apparently quite likes the Fire Of Love record.

22-20s are blues influenced. I haven't been listening to them enough to be able to explain why I like them. They seem to draw on a bit of the mojo of the early electric blue, I guess.