Poll: What do you think about bottled water?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think about bottled water?
stupid and illogical
48 36%
safe and great
31 23%
who cares?
56 41%
Voters: 135.
Page 1 of 2
I think it's a bit of a waste. If I know I am going to need water (if I'm playing sports or something) I just fill up a bottle from home and bring that.
Bottle water is fine. As long as it recycled in the end doesn't really matter
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by Myfirstpubes
I think it's completely stupid.

The folks banking millions off of it don't think so.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
its very useful for tourists abroad where the tap water may have a different mineral content to what they are used to which can make them ill
Great for when you're on the move and forget to bring a drink with you.
I try to fill up a bottle of tap water to take with me but of course I sometimes forget. And I reuse the bottles I buy anyway.

Maybe they're not needed in the US so much where I noticed you guys seem to have quite a few water fountains, but those things are extremely rare around the UK. If you want some water and can get to a shop/vending machine then bottled water is the way forward.

Also great for when abroad. Drinking the water in the Philippines would make me ill so bottled water is the only option.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by EvoLancer211
Bottle water is fine. As long as it recycled in the end doesn't really matter

Right because recycling doesn't use emission producing fossil fuels.... right? And you also have to consider all the fuel that goes into transporting it from the factory to you, then to a recycling facility, and then bringing the raw materials back to the factory.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Last edited by humperdunk at Jul 18, 2010,
i saw it on comedy central the other day and i thought it was completely true.... then i thought for a minute and said to myself "its just fu*king water" and left the room.
POST RAWK
I work on a ****ing production line for bottling water. I now hate it, whereas I used to love buying it in the summer when Im around town, as opposed to say, filling myself with coke and pepsi and such crap.
Now, just as the advertisment people tell us, I drink Oasis. Because I hate bottled water.
I think it depends on where you live. The water here is actually as clean if not better than bottled water, and it doesn't have all the good stuff filtered out. Therefor, I think it's dumb.
Stupid and illogical other than for countries where water is limited.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Mostly retarded. We buy a case of them then just refill the bottles with tap water. Although I guess if you're out and you forget to bring water you might not have a choice.
What I do when on holiday or away from home:

Buy the bottle of water for the bottle, then once the bottle is empty continue to refill, it's awesome

At home, we've got a Brita filter thing, and you can tell the taste difference if you have some filtered then some plain tap water, and it's worth it, especially when I'm not paying
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Truthfully i just don't like the taste of water from my home tap. We get a big 5 gallon bottle to go with our cooler thingy which is actually pretty cheap. In my opinion it taste better than our tap.

I however will not spend money on actually buying a single bottle of water from the store.
my parents buy a case of the stuff at walmart and i re-use one bottle constantly refilling it until me parents decide to throw it away. then i am forced to get another.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
in central london or something, where the tap water tastes like it's got dead things in it then I can see the point, but I live less than 10 miles from the Highland Spring bottling plant, and damned if there's any difference between what comes out of our tap and what they put in their bottles, so no point in paying for it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Good for when youre on the go or in college and cant really trust tap systems wherever youre at. or if youre a kidney donor and need to really stay hydrated.
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Unless there is a real reason for it (i.e. your tap water is unsafe) then it's ****ing stupid, the dudes making it must be laughing their arses off at everyone paying money for what they can get for free from their tap.

The only time I ever buy it is when I need a bottle for something, I've had the same plastic Volvic bottle for the past 6 months that I just fill up at home.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
My tap water is pretty much undrinkable, so we have the big jugs of water and dispenser. I never buy individual bottles or flats though.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Unless there is a real reason for it (i.e. your tap water is unsafe) then it's ****ing stupid, the dudes making it must be laughing their arses off at everyone paying money for what they can get for free from their tap.

The only time I ever buy it is when I need a bottle for something, I've had the same plastic Volvic bottle for the past 6 months that I just fill up at home.

Cans of water is where the big money is at!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I can understand it if you want spring water. Buying filtered water in a bottle is stupid though.

Spring water tastes a lot better than the tap water at my house. I'm still willing to drink tap water, but I don't prefer it.

Of course we usually just buy gallon jugs of spring water, not the individual sized ones. They don't really seem like too much of a ripoff either. A gallon jug of spring water costs like $1 at most.
Quote by Myfirstpubes

I think it's completely stupid.

I once filled a bottle with tap water and left it on my counter. One day later, there was some sort of brown rust like color floating in it. It can't be rust since the water came out clear. Whatever it is, I don't want to drink it.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by daytripper75
I can understand it if you want spring water. Buying filtered water in a bottle is stupid though.

Spring water tastes a lot better than the tap water at my house. I'm still willing to drink tap water, but I don't prefer it.

Of course we usually just buy gallon jugs of spring water, not the individual sized ones. They don't really seem like too much of a ripoff either. A gallon jug of spring water costs like $1 at most.

What brand of water do you buy? Most "spring water" is from a tap anyway.

(just curiously, not condescendingly, because for all I know the water you are referring to actually comes from a spring).

Anyway, I think bottled water tastes horrible. I'm weird though, because I like the metallic taste of Cleveland Municipal Water.

Quote by rock.freak667
I once filled a bottle with tap water and left it on my counter. One day later, there was some sort of brown rust like color floating in it. It can't be rust since the water came out clear. Whatever it is, I don't want to drink it.

It could be where you are from.
additional foodit: if you have well water, that is most likely why.

on well water: I refuse to drink it unless I have to. I don't even like getting drinks at fast food restaurants because I can taste that the water in the drink is well water. if I 'have' to get a drink, I make sure there isn't any ice cos yeah.. well water...
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by lordofthefood1
What brand of water do you buy? Most "spring water" is from a tap anyway.

(just curiously, not condescendingly, because for all I know the water you are referring to actually comes from a spring).

No, it's spring water. They can't label filtered water as spring water. Plus the bottles list the springs it comes from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottled_water#Regulation

That's how it is in the US anyway.
Since about half of what you drink in a bottle comes from the same place your tap water does, it's stupid and illogical. The majority of the bottles are NOT recycled. Money should be spent improving the tap water in places where it truly is unhealthy.

Not to mention bottled water cost literally a thousand times the price of tap water. And it takes the amount of water in 3 bottles to produce one.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Last edited by MedicreDemon at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by lordofthefood1

It could be where you are from.
additional foodit: if you have well water, that is most likely why.

on well water: I refuse to drink it unless I have to. I don't even like getting drinks at fast food restaurants because I can taste that the water in the drink is well water. if I 'have' to get a drink, I make sure there isn't any ice cos yeah.. well water...

Not sure where it's from, but I know someone who once drank it and threw up later on.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by MedicreDemon
Since about half of what you drink in a bottle comes from the same place your tap water does, it's stupid and illogical. The majority of the bottles are NOT recycled. Money should be spent improving the tap water in places where it truly is unhealthy.

Not to mention bottled water cost literally a thousand times the price of tap water. And it takes the amount of water in 3 bottles to produce one.

It's not very often I agree with you but in this case you're spot on. Bottled water is free money for the people selling it. It's a waste.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
It's not very often I agree with you but in this case you're spot on. Bottled water is free money for the people selling it. It's a waste.

I've recently re-evaluated many things in my life, and I think you might start agreeing with me more often. (If I continue to post here frequently that is)
Quote by cornmancer
I don't care, but I think it tastes awful. Which is strange because WATER SHOULDN'T HAVE A TASTE

Actually, taste tests have been done on the difference between bottle and tap water. I'm not sure on the numbers but around 75% of the people tested preferred tap.
Quote by RaySolava
Good for when youre on the go or in college and cant really trust tap systems wherever youre at. or if youre a kidney donor and need to really stay hydrated.

You've thought about it too much. Its bitch now, ask questions later.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I actually bottle my bottled water so that it stays fresh.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
I actually bottle my bottled water so that it stays fresh.

I freeze dry mine.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I like bottled water better than tap. end of story. I don't have another reason, nor do I need one...

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Page 1 of 2