Hey pit, I was wondering how many (if any of you) as teens picked up a summer job or 2 to pay for your instrument(s) and gear? I've been working in the corn fields for the last 2 weeks to get a new amp and some pedals and will probably do it again next year for a new guitar.

So what about the rest of the pit? What job(s) have you guys done and what instrument(s) or gear did you get?
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Prostitution.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
I'm interning at an engineering firm to pay for gear/college. I plan on buying a Tweaker with my hard earned money.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I took a job at McDonald's to get a new amp.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP 4-String Bass
Fender BXR 60 watt
Squier Fender Stratocaster 20th anniversary edition\
Pignose acoustic
Samick D1/SN
I'm working as an assistant to a plumber. I went to the best local guitar store a couple of months ago and bought a piano, a guitar and an amp as I was sick of wondering what i should get. Turned out everything I bought was awesome.

EDIT: I'm not a complete noob as the post suggests. I'm fairly awesome
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 18, 2010,
nobody's hiring. I have to go without a new guitar
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I did a paper round for a while a few years back to pay for a new guitar and amp. Good job I did really. Nowadays I spend most of my money on alcohol..
I saved up money from gigs to buy my Blueridge acoustic, which is my most recent purchase. I guess that's as close as I've come to having a job to pay for gear. I do work during the summer (currently have two part-time jobs), but most of the money from those is going in a bank account and will eventually be used to buy a car . What little that doesn't go into the bank goes toward random other expenses.
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
I've been working in the corn fields for the last 2 weeks to get a new amp and some pedals and will probably do it again next year for a new guitar.

If you were working for an ES-335, the you are blues as ****.
I worked at a grocery store for 6 months to buy my Jackson and a Spider III. I was on my knees a lot. It sucked.

Then I worked at a Subway for over a year to buy my Pod X3, Mesa Single Recifier, Soldano cab, my two LTD's, and my three pedals + powered pedalboard.

I've been unemployed for about two weeks now, but I'll hopefully be pumping gas full time for the rest of the summer soon, so I can buy myself a decent student car (or more gear, most likely. Kinda GASing an ERG and an Axe-FX right now).
If im lucky here very soon i'll be making damn good money changing big rig tires at a trucking company my uncle works for.

The way I got it figured, about 500 dollars every two weeks is more than enough to satisfy my gear addiction

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I've worked at a printing facility for about a year to get some gear money.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I'm currently 18, working an office job which pays decently...been working for about 4 months and i've bought myself a Mesa Mark IV, Schecter Blackjack ATX and an ibanez J custom which is coming soon.
I'm going to get as many jobs as it takes to get a Carvin Legacy combo, and an Ibanez S5470 this year.

I MUST HAVE THESE ITEMS
yup, and i got my new gear
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I got a job at a CD/DVD/etc. retailer for gear money but I'm not gonna quit once the summer's over. Saving for various recording schmaltz, stuff to mod out my guitar, pedalboard for my bass, guitar amp...
I got a job in a clothes store. Looking to buy a Roland MC 505
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Pat_s1t
I worked at a grocery store... I was on my knees a lot. It sucked.

Did you not see this cumming?
Busk, yep.
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
Since someone asked (and i guess I should've mentioned it in the 1st post) I'm getting a...

used Ibanez half-stack (it's a discontinued model forget exactly what it's called)
Ibanez Tube Screamer pedal
Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
Hey pit, I was wondering how many (if any of you) as teens picked up a summer job or 2 to pay for your instrument(s) and gear? I've been working in the corn fields for the last 2 weeks to get a new amp and some pedals and will probably do it again next year for a new guitar.

So what about the rest of the pit? What job(s) have you guys done and what instrument(s) or gear did you get?

Scored a job at this restaurant bussing tables. Worked there since about March or so. So far I've only bought my new amp at the moment. Most of the money went toward my new phone/switching phone companies, phone bills, and the tip outs usually go toward drugs.

Although, at the moment most of my money goes straight toward new gear. On my list is a Tubedriver, a good analog delay pedal, a Badgerplex, and a THD Hot Plate. I might end up buying a Fuchs Clean Machine, depending on how much I can find one used.
Last year I worked at a grocery store to buy my amp. This summer I work in a restaurant to pay my alcohol. The cash I don't drink will go to the car fund.
ಠ_ಠ
I probably would have been willing to a year ago, but after I got my Marshall JMP there's not really much gear I want. I have a decent guitar and a decent amp and a couple overdrive and flange pedals... that's about all I need.

Right now, a 5.7 Liter 5-speed IROC is at the top of my wishlist. For some reason I've been obsessed with that car lately.
I just got a job at a shoe store in the mall. My friend helped me out because he works right next door, and became friends with the assistant manager and said I'd been looking for a job for awhile.

I've been working about a month and saved up quite a bit. ALL of it is going toward an amp, a pedal board, and more gear. Possibly another guitar or two. I'll also be getting a keyboard/workstation/synth, and an electric drumset. I plan on making a mini home recording studio in my room.

Also, I'm getting paid by the government to go to college (yay for being poor) so I'll be getting some huge checks soon. I mean, a lot of it will go to college supplies and a laptop, but still, a lot of it will still go toward gear.

Well, besides gear I do have to pay for a bit of food and gas. But my dad said as long as I'm in college he will help me out.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 18, 2010,
ive been looking for ages cant find shit no new gear for me . on the other hand my girlfriend bought 2 guitars and im helping her pay them of but nothing for me
i know satan personallly and he said the ugliest thing hes seen was you and yo mama
I got a job so I can pay bills, get a car, get out of the house more, and because I'm out of high school. I don't really care about guitar stuff.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid