Hey guys, i've been playing guitar for the past 7 years, got to the point where i can play somewhat complicated song but nothing too amazing.
I can play some basic solo's and junk, more of a rhythm player but i would like to change that.
No matter what i do though, exercises and all just seem either too easy for me or too complicated.
I would love to be able to play more advanced things, especially with soloing cause i kinda just lost the ability to get any better at guitar apparently.
I am more into metal lately, i just learnt Six by All that remains, i can play it through minus the solo, which killed me inside and made me want to do this.
I'm not just interested in metal though.
What i want is maybe for people to show me where to start with soloing, links that could maybe help and all, i'm pretty desperate and would appreciate it a tonne.
Thanks, sorry this post is a mess it's frustrating and kinda hard to explain.

Hope you get what i mean though
thanks!
I know the name gets flak, especially here, but try Bring Me the Horizon's solos from Count Your Blessings (the album). Their guitarists are actually very talented and use a lot of helpful, but not too hard to grasp, techniques in their songs. I would start with (I Used to Make Out With) Medusa. The solo starts with a long descending riff that helped me a lot with navigating the neck, a fast sweeping section, and some difficult alternate picking. Off the Heezay probably has their most technical stuff and it would provide a pretty good challenge. Again, I know they have a lot of haters, but I especially enjoy their solos as they were something that helped progress my playing.
Just jamming with friends and writing music is what got me out of a rut earlier this year. When I tried to show off a bit, I found another level to my playing...Try writing some music, or finding other musicians for a jam session.
Half the battle of Guitar is mental. If you continue to sit there and say "Nope, that's too complicated, I'm not gonna do it" then chances are buddy, you won't do it.

Find a song you really, really like, and have listened to/played for awhile with a challenging solo, and learn the solo. Break it down into peices, learn a few parts a day, while practicing the part from the day before, and slowly increasing speed. You'll be suprised what you can do once you give it a go

Best of Luck
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.