C4C.

If you'd like to see the lyrics that go with it, they're in my sig.

It's meant for RSE; if you personally like MIDI better, you can try it, but I haven't listened to it in MIDI, because I personally can't stand it.
Attachments:
Purity Complex.zip
Last edited by herby190 at Jul 20, 2010,
The intro riff is fine, nothing special but it's interesting enough not to be boring. Didn't really think the chorus was different enough, the verse chorus, verse just sounds like 3 verses. I do like the drums in the second verse though. Again chorus seems to similar to the verse.
I like the post chorus, this is sounding good so far. Hi hat is getting jarring to be honest though. Bridge was a sudden change, not sure it worked.
I don't get the point in the 5-0 5-0 bit, it's just the same note for bars in a row.
Tension is building with the drums and guitars. Drums could use some variation though. And it didn't really resolve the tension, it just went into an unnecessarily long held chord.
Verse is building up, presumably to the chorus. And it has done, it's just a bit of a disappointment, it didn't feel epic enough for my liking. The progression are just too similar.
Outro was a nice way to end the song.

Over all it was ooookay, but a bit dull. There's room for improvement no doubt, but its certainly not a bad song. I'm sure vocals would improve it massively as well.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
To be honest, your crit shows that you used MIDI. :/

For example, the 5 and 0, while being the same note, have different tones. More importantly, the reason I wrote that is because in real life, no matter how hard to try, you are never PERFECTLY in tune, so there's still a small amount of dissonance between the two notes.

And, like I said, the "unnecessarily long held chord" shows that it was MIDI..... RSE actually has the notes fade out realistically.

Also, yeah, a lot does come from the vocals, which should help the "epic" feeling you were going for; the last chorus uses two singers counterpointing each other, to give it that big finish.
Quote by herby190
To be honest, your crit shows that you used MIDI. :/

For example, the 5 and 0, while being the same note, have different tones. More importantly, the reason I wrote that is because in real life, no matter how hard to try, you are never PERFECTLY in tune, so there's still a small amount of dissonance between the two notes.

And, like I said, the "unnecessarily long held chord" shows that it was MIDI..... RSE actually has the notes fade out realistically.

Also, yeah, a lot does come from the vocals, which should help the "epic" feeling you were going for; the last chorus uses two singers counterpointing each other, to give it that big finish.

Well overall I really hate RSE so even though I didn't get those bits at least I didn't think the whole sound sounded rubbish cause of RSE.
And that ending sounds pretty good, I'd like to hear it recorded!
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
I feel that there could of been more variation between the Verse and the Chorus. The parts sound too similar and could use some contrast, in my opinion.

The bridge, I feel was a good idea poorly executed. I think the idea of going down to one clean guitar is great, but the part that you've put in doesn't work for me. Bar 113 is another thing I'd like to point out, the chords ringing out for such a long time and the part feel like it ended prematurely.

The part at 129 is quite nice, and does provide some needed variation to the verse.

Overall it's quite decent, but I think some more contrast could do wonders.

Care to crit mine?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012