Hello all, this is my first post (I think), and I hope it will be special.

I recently purchased a 75 watt Spider Line 6 amp and an idea occurred to me. Would I be able to use the wonderful musical tool to play not only the sounds of my guitar, but the sounds of music through my ipod/a cd as well? And I don't mean just softly to jam with. I mean LOUD. Like loud enough for a dance party sort of thing. Because if so, I am even happier than I already am with my purchase.

I am aware that it has an input jack for CD players and ipods, but am wondering how loudly the music will be able to be played, and whether it not it will sound like shit. And if it will hurt the amp.

Feedback from anyone who has experience with this would be wonderful.
Yeah, I've done it with my Cube 30x and a friends MG (the only thing that bastard is good for (the amp, not my friend)).

By the way, regards about ending up with the Spider. Have fun getting flamed.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jul 18, 2010,
yea i have the same amp, but the thing is, when u plug in ur ipod, only the left or right pan(like in earbuds) will come thru. so like if a guitar is playing through the right pan, and ur amp is only playing through the left pan, u wont hear the guitar. jus try it on low volume, ull know whati mean. it wont hurt the amp, and it works for like rap and hip hop.

but make sure u have it set on clean, and NO effects.
Line 6 is great for guitar AND music!!
rock on brotha.
It works fine on my Peavey Vypyr and I have yet to damage the amp so I can't see it damaging a line 6. It was made to make loud noises right?
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Guitar speakers aren't made to properly handle all the frequencies of all the instruments in a song(ie. bass), only the guitar; doing so can slowly damage the speaker over time if played at a loud volume. Also guitar speakers aren't hi-fi so it will effect the tone of the music.

In short, I wouldn't suggest it, especially if you had nice speakers in the amp though chances are you won't be able to hear the difference for a while.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 18, 2010,
Yea man do it and it will get pretty loud and plenty loud for a party my tiny 15 watt spider can get somewhat loud
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Well, I suppose it will sound as good as a hifi amp as it does as a guitar amp. This could become a thread entitled "Things Spiders do badly".
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by hockeydrunky
I recently purchased a 75 watt Spider Line 6 amp.... I am even happier than I already am with my purchase.

Happy.. With.. Spider?

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

/Confusion stack
Quote by justinb904
Guitar speakers aren't made to properly handle all the frequencies of all the instruments in a song, only the guitar; doing so can slowly damage the speaker over time if played at a loud volume.

This

My experience when I had my Marshall MG was the sound quality from cd player or mp3 player/iPod was shit. And like mentioned earlier, you'll probably only get either left or right side of the music playing.

Quote by hockeydrunky
Hello all, this is my first post (I think)

You're wrong, this is your second post (just getting the records straight, not trying to be [overly] rude)
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Happy.. With.. Spider?

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by justinb904
Guitar speakers aren't made to properly handle all the frequencies of all the instruments in a song(ie. bass), only the guitar; doing so can slowly damage the speaker over time if played at a loud volume. Also guitar speakers aren't hi-fi so it will effect the tone of the music.

The speakers in practice amps are usually custom speakers designed to handle music and guitar playback.That’s why the manufacturers add a jack labled “MP3 IN” to so many of them.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Happy.. With.. Spider?

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Thanks for all the responses guys. And if I [throw] a party the music playing won't be ACTUAL music, it will just be the shitty "music" you hear on the radio, that I'm sure most of you here, me included, hate. Ah well. Anyways...although I'm not concerned about the sound quality that type of music is pretty bass heavy so I'm not sure how nice it will sound. I guess I'll have to try it out for myself.

Also, I wouldn't be doing this often. Maybe once a twice a year for a couple hours. Or I could just borrow some speakers. Ehh.

And....why all the spyder bashing? I'm usually an acoustic guitar player but this amp seems great so far. Even the built in effects are pretty solid.
Quote by rushpython

A lolstack for you good sir.

Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by TheAbsentOne

First almost lol stack!

Quote by rocknrolldude43

I think you're 1 away from having enough of them to fill a stack
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
This is a perfect example of a thread that could never have gone right.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by hockeydrunky
And....why all the spyder bashing? I'm usually an acoustic guitar player but this amp seems great so far. Even the built in effects are pretty solid.

Once your ear trains up, and you see the light and buy your first all valve amp (you suddenly hear heavenly ahh's in your head), you'll understand.

I used to think my Marshall MG was great, then my ears developed, and I got to the point where I wouldn't even plug my guitar into it, unless I had to.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings