What acoustic should i get out of the two of these?

this one?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratacoustic-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=581092

or this one?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ovation-Applause-Series-AE148-Super-Shallow-Cutaway-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=516977

the stratocoustic or the ovation? let me know.... i need a new one for these summer gigs.
ive heard bad about the stratacoustics but ive never personally played one
my freind does have that ovation and its not as bassy as id like but its a good guitar especially if your going to be plugging it into an acoustic amp
The Stratocoustic is basically terrible, and this is coming from someone who owns exclusively Fender instruments. It looks decent and it's fairly comfortable, and that's about where I run out of good things to say about it.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Have you ever touched them or do you just see them online? I say this because the curve shape of the back of Ovation may be a little bit unusual. As well, the material is different.

Just my two cents.
Quote by obeythepenguin
If you want the Martin, accept no substitute -- save up and get the Martin.

Yes
Quote by NonSleeper
Have you ever touched them or do you just see them online? I say this because the curve shape of the back of Ovation may be a little bit unusual. As well, the material is different.

Just my two cents.

That's true, I forgot about that. The back of the Ovation (I assume, since most of them are this way that I've seen) is basically a bowl and made of a weird plastic. I'd try one out before buying if you can.

Just checked your profile, you live near me. I can tell you for sure that the Guitar Center in Madison (maybe the one in Milwaukee, I can't say for sure) has at least three Stratocoustics and a bunch of Ovations. If they don't at Milwaukee, you can drive the two hours or have them get one of each shipped.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Jul 19, 2010,
The Ovation is a Super Shallow which meens it has a thinner body, compared to most guitars, so the sound won't resonate well. I played some like that when I got my CC-44 they don't sound very well unplugged, but it has an Ovation Slimline Pickup so it will sound pritty good plugged in. The Stratocoustic is just plain terrible.

eDit: The backs to most (if not all) Ovations are made out of plastic so they feel kinda like toys. Ovations also have this curve to the back that makes it hard to find a well fitting hardshell case, and the curve makes the guitar play slip and slide on your leg.
Last edited by redneckrebel at Jul 20, 2010,
i agree about ovations, but this laminate top super shallow bowl model doesn't sound that good unplugged. still, i'd prefer it to the stratacoustic any day!

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I wouldn't go for the stratacoustic. They sound very shallow and have no depth or much definition to them. They are also poorly constructed if you ask me. I would definitely go for the applause. Ovation makes better acoustics.